GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Off Topic & Games
For when your thoughts are drifting to things not so movie, or if you're feeling trivially inclined.
591

The Strange & Unusual (Or: Just a Little Bit Crazy)~Don't Read with a Rigid Mind
Topic by: Battie
Posted: July 28, 2005 - 4:28 AM PDT
Last Reply: September 15, 2005 - 12:03 PM PDT

author topic: The Strange & Unusual (Or: Just a Little Bit Crazy)~Don't Read with a Rigid Mind
Battie
post #1  on July 28, 2005 - 4:28 AM PDT  
To be honest, I have a little problem. And lately, it's causing me a lot of stress. And I really am not the type to stress. I did that during my teenage years, and it was just not cool.

See, I have a lot of dreams that come true. I don't mean one or two. I lost count after the seventh which was years ago, back when they were rare. I had the first one before I was nine, and it came true a really long time after. I could say the same of every instance that's happened since. They all involve ME, and usually nothing remotely important. Actually, never anything remotely important. It's often me doing something like watching a movie or reading (huge past times for me, in case y'all couldn't guess ;)). A handful could be passed off as coincedence or my imagination, but most can't.

But they've also been increasing in frequency. Now, I get about two a month, occasionally three (the most recent ones were tonight and one around the beginning of the month). I'm terrified of this trend continuing, especially since I'm beginning to recognize the difference between the dream-dream and the it-will-probably-come-true dream. I had two like that in the last week, one of which was pretty interesting (though I only vaguely recall it, and only because I tried really hard), but the other terrified me. Needless to say, I can't remember the latter. But this entire thing has me wavering between, "Am I insane?" and "So, I'm not in control of my destiny and weird stuff DOES exist in the world that can't be fully explain by science?" You can understand the little tic near my eye as a result, yes?

Do they have meds that prevent one from dreaming?

Anywho, tonight's little episode, oddly enough, involved Gantz! I recall waking up from the dream and thinking, "Eww, that was a disgusting and utterly ridiculous nightmare." I got a replay tonight with episode 20! I know I'd never heard of Gantz when I got the dream though. :P

*sigh* I actually hate talking about this, much less posting it on a forum...but it's really starting to get to me. In another year, I'm sure I'll be having panic attacks when they occur. :P

Man, I feel crazy at this moment. :S But the venting feels nice. :)
dpowers
post #2  on July 28, 2005 - 7:53 AM PDT  
are they things which are otherwise unpredictable? events in a television show are entirely predictable. endings can be guessed accurately.
woozy
post #3  on July 28, 2005 - 10:51 AM PDT  
Several Answers:

1) the rationalist in me *and* the crazy guy with very weird dreams says: Perceptions and memories have been shown to never be objective or "recorded" as fact but always constantly being editted after the fact. Dreams lie in other parts of the brain which is why they are harder to remember and harder to rationally observe or critique when they occur. Hence when an event triggers a memory of a dream, I believe it is possible that it can also modify the memory of the dream as well. Fifteen years ago recalled and suppressed memories were all the rage, but recent studies have shown *everybody* can have a false memory implanted and people will insist afterward the memory was true. Simple memories to implant are getting lost in a shopping mall, seeing a famous person on the street while visiting a city, and so on. When you have one of this going-to-come-true dreams, write it down on paper immediately, wait for it to come true, and then look at the paper.

Hmm. I'll skip my other comments, but for gosh sake *DON'T TAKE DREAM REPRESSANT MEDICATION* I don't think there are any but .... somehow I just *know* that is a disastarous idea.
shiori308
post #4  on July 28, 2005 - 1:45 PM PDT  
Battie I wouldn't worry about it. I would just say chalk it up to one more thing that makes you interesting. My dreams rarely come true but I dream almost every night and they are most of the times lucid or else very vivid. Most mornings I wake up disoriented wondering what's real and what's. Many times I will recollect something that never really happened but I think it did because it was a vivid dream. (Once I even went to school in my pajamas and without brushing my teeth or anything because I had had a dream where I showered, dressed, put on make-up, brushed my teeth then sat on the couch and watched tv til I had to leave. I ended up waking up on the couch in pajamas with the tv on and grabbed my keys and went out the door.) My mom always had dreams that came true the next day. She had this dream when she was little about her uncle digging a hole and burying their dog and when she asked him what he was doing he told ehr that he was taking the dog with him. Her uncle died the next day and the dog died a few days after for no apparent reason. My mom usually has dreams about death. We had lost a cat and she had a dream that she found our cat under our woodpile but when she pulled it out it stopped moving. My mom found the cat dead on the side of the road the next day, many miles from our house. She's had non-death ones too. She called me not too long ago and said that she had a dream where it was floating and dancing vaginas... everywhere there were vaginas! From this she said it must mean that my pregnant sis was going to have a girl, which she did less than a week later on the exact day it was due. It's weird but so fun! And like I said it makes a person interesting so please don't stop it, just enjoy it!
Battie
post #5  on July 28, 2005 - 3:38 PM PDT  
> On July 28, 2005 - 10:51 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Several Answers:
>
> 1) the rationalist in me *and* the crazy guy with very weird dreams says: Perceptions and memories have been shown to never be objective or "recorded" as fact but always constantly being editted after the fact. Dreams lie in other parts of the brain which is why they are harder to remember and harder to rationally observe or critique when they occur. Hence when an event triggers a memory of a dream, I believe it is possible that it can also modify the memory of the dream as well. Fifteen years ago recalled and suppressed memories were all the rage, but recent studies have shown *everybody* can have a false memory implanted and people will insist afterward the memory was true. Simple memories to implant are getting lost in a shopping mall, seeing a famous person on the street while visiting a city, and so on. When you have one of this going-to-come-true dreams, write it down on paper immediately, wait for it to come true, and then look at the paper.
>
> Hmm. I'll skip my other comments, but for gosh sake *DON'T TAKE DREAM REPRESSANT MEDICATION* I don't think there are any but .... somehow I just *know* that is a disastarous idea.
> ---------------------------------

Well, that sounds valid, but the thing is, the few times it dealt with a book, I stopped reading but knew word-for-word what was happening next. To top it off, I don't just recall the dream, but waking UP from the dream and thinking about it. (One dream had me looking at a picture of something to do with the solar sytem, but it reminded me of eggs. I woke up that day DYING for eggs for breakfast, but didn't have any in my fridge. Another was more vague, but when it "came true" I recalled the dream and waking up from the dream with the thought that the color of the car was gorgeous, as well as what was in my room at the time--random things, but like I said, it's not JUST the dreams. Otherwise, I could dismiss them as that weird little thing called deja vu.)

Your suggestion has merit, but they don't come true within days. It was once years (which is when I dismissed it all), and now it varies to months and weeks. I imagine there are some that are still years though.

Nah, most of it is not predictable. It's all random events that really have no meaning in the long-run.

Okay, no meds, but I do have a sleeping disorder (as yet unnamed since I refuse to go to Sleep Institute) that leaves me in a REM state on most nights for the entire night. :P I dream A LOT.
woozy
post #6  on July 28, 2005 - 4:16 PM PDT  
> Well, that sounds valid, but the thing is, the few times it dealt with a book, I stopped reading but knew word-for-word what was happening next.

I've had that happen too. But what I've found weird is the draw and I say "I knew what's going to happen" and as soon as it happens I say "I knew that would happen" but somehow I can never force myself to stop reading and think "Stop! How do you know what will happen and what will happen now?" I think if I did I might not be able to.


> Your suggestion has merit, but they don't come true within days. It was once years (which is when I dismissed it all), and now it varies to months and weeks. I imagine there are some that are still years though.
>
The years make me think it may be my theory in that you have 1) Have a dream, it's weird and disturbing, and it feels like a dream that's going to come-true. 2) You wake up disturbed 3) Life goes on. 4) Something happens years later and when it does you have a deja-vu moment when your synapsis for memory function fire at the same time as a processing synapse 5) The neuron that you have hard wired to the memory of 1) and 2) is activated and the deja-vu synapses edits it to include the current event 5) and finally 6) you remember that your dream was about event 4) and you realize it just came true.

I'm not going to dismiss or rule out the "your'e psychic" possibility although I tend to not believe paternatural occurances and take their descriptions was a grain of salt.

However I have a hunch, writing down details of dreams (especially the ones that feel like the will come true ones) will curb these feelings and curb the dreams. Supernatural, pyschological, and subjective phenomena tend not to like to be pinned down. (In another vien, this is similar to behavioral cognition therapy and social anxiety therapy excercises; the theropy involves becoming aware of your pyschological reactions and writing them down and learning them, but the act of observing and writing them down alters their occurance, darn it!)

> Okay, no meds, but I do have a sleeping disorder (as yet unnamed since I refuse to go to Sleep Institute)

Why do you refuse?

> that leaves me in a REM state on most nights for the entire night. :P I dream A LOT.
> ---------------------------------

shiori and I dream and are aware of our dreams every night. Most people don't (or most aren't aware and seldom remember) but we three do. That's not a disorder.
Battie
post #7  on July 28, 2005 - 8:54 PM PDT  
> On July 28, 2005 - 4:16 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I've had that happen too. But what I've found weird is the draw and I say "I knew what's going to happen" and as soon as it happens I say "I knew that would happen" but somehow I can never force myself to stop reading and think "Stop! How do you know what will happen and what will happen now?" I think if I did I might not be able to.
>

I did stop myself. It was not comfortable. And I don't mean I knew a bit turning point in the story (THAT is normal when reading or watching tv). I meant I knew a specific few paragraphs, word-for-word, before I could even glance at their entirety (I'd read one sentence, or two, and...). Nothing that was a big issue in the story itself.

> The years make me think it may be my theory in that you have 1) Have a dream, it's weird and disturbing, and it feels like a dream that's going to come-true. 2) You wake up disturbed 3) Life goes on. 4) Something happens years later and when it does you have a deja-vu moment when your synapsis for memory function fire at the same time as a processing synapse 5) The neuron that you have hard wired to the memory of 1) and 2) is activated and the deja-vu synapses edits it to include the current event 5) and finally 6) you remember that your dream was about event 4) and you realize it just came true.
>
> I'm not going to dismiss or rule out the "your'e psychic" possibility although I tend to not believe paternatural occurances and take their descriptions was a grain of salt.
>

Never claimed to be psychic! Ewwww! I'm saying I'm AFFLICTED with evil dreams. (And it's only been recently that I've stopped dismissing the incidents, and only because they've started occurring fairly often rather than once or twice a year.)

> However I have a hunch, writing down details of dreams (especially the ones that feel like the will come true ones) will curb these feelings and curb the dreams. Supernatural, pyschological, and subjective phenomena tend not to like to be pinned down. (In another vien, this is similar to behavioral cognition therapy and social anxiety therapy excercises; the theropy involves becoming aware of your pyschological reactions and writing them down and learning them, but the act of observing and writing them down alters their occurance, darn it!)
>

LoL! Possibly. I'd buy into this theory if only to quick feeling edgy when it happens. ^_^

> Why do you refuse?
>

I'm contrary. ;)

> > ---------------------------------
> shiori and I dream and are aware of our dreams every night. Most people don't (or most aren't aware and seldom remember) but we three do. That's not a disorder.
> ---------------------------------
No, but combined with a number of other things, and never falling into a deep sleep 80% of the time is. >:P


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But since we're on brain issues, this has been driving me nuts in the last week. I'll be doing something and suddenly TASTE something I haven't eaten in forever. Then I crave it, if I can remember it. Tonight, it was an entire meal. Think it was steak, potatoes, and garlic bread. *drool* The best was when I was tasting that weird chocolate pie that grocery stores used to sell (the "pie" part wrapped in a fried crust-thing). And then I tasted an eclair...GAWD! My tastebuds are acting weird and just about gonna KILL me. :P Anyone else have this happen?

I'm not sure if this remembered tasting is a good thing or bad. >:P
shiori308
post #8  on July 28, 2005 - 9:42 PM PDT  
> On July 28, 2005 - 8:54 PM PDT Battie wrote:

> But since we're on brain issues, this has been driving me nuts in the last week. I'll be doing something and suddenly TASTE something I haven't eaten in forever. Then I crave it, if I can remember it. Tonight, it was an entire meal. Think it was steak, potatoes, and garlic bread. *drool* The best was when I was tasting that weird chocolate pie that grocery stores used to sell (the "pie" part wrapped in a fried crust-thing). And then I tasted an eclair...GAWD! My tastebuds are acting weird and just about gonna KILL me. :P Anyone else have this happen?
>
> I'm not sure if this remembered tasting is a good thing or bad. >:P
> ---------------------------------

Hmmm, perhaps you should lighten up off the LSD for awhile. ;)
Battie
post #9  on July 28, 2005 - 11:53 PM PDT  
> On July 28, 2005 - 9:42 PM PDT shiori308 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Hmmm, perhaps you should lighten up off the LSD for awhile. ;)
> ---------------------------------

That's an LSD affect? Awesome! Now just to find a dealer...
Battie
post #10  on July 28, 2005 - 11:56 PM PDT  
> On July 28, 2005 - 11:53 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> That's an LSD affect? Awesome! Now just to find a dealer...
> ---------------------------------

Wait, I meant..Uh. I meant something else. *cough*

How 'bout those...LA Galaxy teammembers, eh? ;)

Which brings to mind Dieux du Stade. Ah, the heart beats faster. *sighs like a lovesick girl*
woozy
post #11  on July 29, 2005 - 12:28 AM PDT  
You knew, it's funny. I used to always assume my brain would get more rigid and limited with age but instead the opposite happened. I used to be incapible of remembering the sensation of touch, taste, or smell, in the same way I could recall sight and sound, and when I dreamed I never dreamed of taste or touch. But about five years I began to. A few nights ago I dreamt of taste and it was pretty fun because I dreamt a rather wonderful meal. Likewise dreaming in touch during a sex dream is pretty awesome. But the downside is I frequently dream physical pain and it can really *hurt* sometimes.
Battie
post #12  on July 29, 2005 - 12:48 AM PDT  
> On July 29, 2005 - 12:28 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> You knew, it's funny. I used to always assume my brain would get more rigid and limited with age but instead the opposite happened. I used to be incapible of remembering the sensation of touch, taste, or smell, in the same way I could recall sight and sound, and when I dreamed I never dreamed of taste or touch. But about five years I began to. A few nights ago I dreamt of taste and it was pretty fun because I dreamt a rather wonderful meal. Likewise dreaming in touch during a sex dream is pretty awesome. But the downside is I frequently dream physical pain and it can really *hurt* sometimes.
> ---------------------------------

Yeah, I've had that for a number of years. I was once diagnosed as a narcoleptic because, along with the REM thing and hallucinagenic dreams (there's a more technical term), I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat. But then the person I was seeing decided it was best if I went to a SI. >:P

The dreams suck, dude. I can taste, see, smell, feel, and hear things in my dreams. The sex is good, but I'm more likely to be in pain in a dream than in pleasure. >:P Plus, I had sworn off sweets once, and dreamt I was eating chocolate. I had to take back that swearing off. *cough*

But those kinds of dreams make be believe the VR of science-fiction is possible. I think our brains can be wired to experience sensations that aren't there. The question would be in the safety of it, both physically, mentally and socially (after all, if you can get laid by a sexy VR guy, or girl, why both making an attempt at a relationship?).

Hm...this has inspired a new plot. ^_^
Battie
post #13  on July 29, 2005 - 1:01 AM PDT  
> On July 29, 2005 - 12:48 AM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
The sex is good, but I'm more likely to be in pain in a dream than in pleasure. >:P
> ---------------------------------

Let me rephrase: usually good. There was that one time where I got stuck on an alien planet because all the "intelligent" inhabitants couldn't fight off these really tiny green aliens due to pacificism. So I was called in to fight them off. There was a pink sky and pink dragons that flew people around. The aliens tried defeating me by climbing up my legs to bite my neck, but I just stomped on them with some bad-ass boots. Then, the only aggressive inhabitant of the planet (who also did some stomping after I showed him how it was done) bent me over the edge of a tub after it was all over. He was hunky, but the darn tub was cold and hard, and he finished before I did. *snicker*

Honest to god, I didn't make that dream up. I woke up wondering what kind of spoiled food I'd eaten the night before, and why I couldn't dream up a better lover. :P
woozy
post #14  on July 29, 2005 - 7:18 AM PDT  
> Honest to god, I didn't make that dream up.

If not you, then who? :D

Eep, maybe that was one of the dreams that will come true and we have a grim future ahead.

>I woke up wondering what kind of spoiled food I'd eaten the night before, and why I couldn't dream up a better lover. :P
> ---------------------------------

I'm a bit jealous. I don't often dream of sex. I sometimes dream of giant ants biting of my hands or feet and *ouch* does that hurt. I usually wake up because of the pain.

Battie
post #15  on July 29, 2005 - 5:56 PM PDT  
> On July 29, 2005 - 7:18 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > Honest to god, I didn't make that dream up.
>
> If not you, then who? :D
>

Well, I meant I actually dreamed it and didn't make it up to create a weird story. ^_^

> Eep, maybe that was one of the dreams that will come true and we have a grim future ahead.
>

Har har har.


> I'm a bit jealous. I don't often dream of sex. I sometimes dream of giant ants biting of my hands or feet and *ouch* does that hurt. I usually wake up because of the pain.
>

Don't be. My sex dreams are as crazy as my other dreams. I had a nightmare today while I was sleeping. I dreamed I was an editor/proofer for Ellora's Cave and we all had to work in a small building with a time clock. My boss there was my boss from my last job, a woman named Frances. And she was even worse in my dream! I considered just killing her in the nightmare, but worried about being caught. *sigh* It really shows off my morality well, yeah? The whole thing vividly reminded me why I quit.

I had one about zombies. My mother (who was cremated, so it makes no sense) was a zombie. She picked up one of those butcher's chopping things and cut off my foot above the ankle. Luckily, I only felt pressure in that dream...but I smelled the rotting flesh, so it wasn't entirely pleasant.
Battie
post #16  on September 14, 2005 - 2:41 PM PDT  
I'm having weird, vivid dreams again. I blame knowing about the upcoming futuristic and zombie movies. Last night's:

Can't remember how it started, but...Something happened to the world to change it. There were only so many areas people could live in...specifically, islands far away from any mainland. But there were also places in the middle of the ocean that had been built...kind of kind Waterworld. Lots of ships inside, and lots of people. Most women. Only, some of us did NOT want to be there (I think some, if not all, were there to breed--we weren't mistreated, but we didn't want to spend our lives having kids). So we devised a plan of escape, and just a few minutes before we were to escape, we were found out. Our plan was to hide on those big cargo ships when they went out again (trade--food for goods). Well, soldiers show up and begin dragging us back, but rather than let myself be taken, I jump overboard into the water. The soldier hadn't specifically seen me, so I make my was around, and even under, ships and other parts of the man-made "home." I get on a ship and manage to stay hidden long enough to get to one of the islands. I'm welcomed once I'm there, but it's not the island I'd wanted to go to...so I get back on the ship, somehow knowing it would pass by that island. (I think I have a "significant other" and son there??)

Anyway, the dream jumps forward. I've somehow been caught again, but I've ended up either on a mainland, or an island near one. It's a facility...a nice one, if crowded. People there seem to be in a holding facility...they'll either stay there if there's no use for them on one of the structures, or they'll be transported. I don't know which option will be applied to me, but we're all required to strip and bathe once we get there. So I'm shoved into a bathing facility and walk around looking for a private shower (hey, even in my dreams, I don't wanna get naked in front of strangers). But there are so many people, that there are only one or two showers available at the very FRONT of the entrance. And NO tub or shower has curtains. Did I mention that, while it was mostly women, there were also some men? And soldiers were standing around, too?

Okay, so that's nightmarish enough...but there's an exit of sorts at the end of the bathing facility, and I go through it, thinking I'll wait till everyone is gone to shower (despite salt and sweat on my skin). Well...I have no clue where my dream went next, but it's later, I've showered and now I'm wandering around. The place reminds me of a hospital, but all metal and thick glass (the unbreakable kind). Now, the entire time I'm aware of why the mainland isn't inhabited, but at the same time, I don't actually KNOW. Next thing I know, I see a zombie sliding into the place. My first instinct is to scream and run away (lol), but then suddenly I say, "Angel?"

Yes, the zombie was named Angel. I blame watching Bones last night. But he looked like my ex more than half the time (apparently my subconscious mind couldn't feel real affection for a pretty face and prefered more intimate memories).

At first, he acts like any zombie...coming towards me with hunger...but I keep repeating myself and backing up. And suddenly he looks like he recognizes me, and says my name. Anywho, a few tears and some short sentences later, and his zombie friends come in. Btw, all the zombies are very intelligent and want to eat brains. And "Angel" is the leader. He's dead...but not quite decomposing. I do believe I kissed him and ignored the slight smell. >_< Damn, that's loyalty for ya. >:P But at least it was returned...

Well, his zombie buddies wanted to eat me, and by this time, this part of the facility was sealed off (how the zombies got inside the outside part of the facility and then inside the actual compound is beyond be--but I did say they were smart). The soldiers are about to blow it up...Angel forces me to run, with him behind, but we're cornered by his zombie buds. They still want to eat me, but he says no. They obey him, with discontent (some of them remember loved ones, and some don't care but don't want to make him angry). Angel begins trying to dislodge one of the windows from its steel frame, and I watch. Suddenly, he goes completely still and the hair on the back of my neck raises (swear to god, I FELT this in my dream). One of the zombies has gotten behind me, and I can just feel him at my back. Angel starts to say, "no," but the zombie grabs me. Angel wrests me away, after I feel pressure on my head. He then puts me between the window and himself, and manages to kick it out (super strength?). I put my hand to my skull to feel if I'd been bitten, and therefore infected but the dreams gets mixed up and I both feel a gath and DON'T feel one in my scalp. But anyway, once he gets it kicked out, he puts his arms on either side of me, effectively blocking the other zombies from leaving and screams at me to "go." Yeah, once of those weird melodramatic scenes where the hero sacrifies himself to both save the heroine and prevent himself from doing harm. I start crying...jump out of the window...and wake up right before an RPG slams into the building.

Now...honestly...I think my brain gets used more when I'm asleep than when I'm awake. >:| It's kind of irritating.
woozy
post #17  on September 14, 2005 - 5:09 PM PDT  
I had a gross dream last night that was one of those technocolor french films made in the 60s for and about middle school boys (like what you watch in french class after you've seen "the red balloon") in which I and my bossy younger pal were reenacting a sadistic cat and mouse cartoon (sort of an uber-Itchy and Scratchy but with underground cynical comix undertone). I was playing the cat who dies very early on while the mouse mutilates his body untill the head falls off and the mouse mutilates that until gasses and amonia and decay turn it into a hard husk and the mouse starts kicking and and being upset that the cat is being a spoilsport. I'm playing this passively and just waiting till the end when the cat will feel no pain and the mouse goes to hell, but as I'm being pushed around a floor my toes brush across these several exposed wirings from circa 1903 that are all of the place so I have to break character and walk away. We decide we are done and as I'm dusty I should shower but I'm still in character so I wait to be pushed. The showers are these weird bright plastic contraptions base an numbers based on grades of the weird french school system and it takes a while for the me to get into the showers at the right order as I'm relying on being pushed. When I finally do the school is being shut down for a year and suddenly the showers with or in carriage cars manipulated by heavy machinery start folding in to shut me in. At this point the character is no longer me but the dream is still from his perspective. The cars rotate and flocked netting starts wrapping and now the character *is* in danger (he was only playing the cat victim) and yells to be let out. Finally he emerges stiff and immovable (like a cartoon character shoved in a fold up bed takes the stiff shape of the fold up bad) and it is spring and the school is reopening. The head master (pinc-nez and goatee of course) is startled. The head master seems to be made of a soggy paper towel or crepe paper and swollen out of proportions. He's startled that the character had been trapped for six months in there. The character sticks his hands into the headmaster's chest and rips him apart. It's become apparent that the school nurse over the summer in a paranoid hygene binge replaced every organic material in the country with crepe paper and now there was no living organism plant or animal left in the country only crepe paper replicants. The character who had played the cartoon cat had been tranformed by his months in storage and was out to destroy all replicants. The replicants of his old friends expect him to be glad they are there and there is his old friend, a replicant of the sadistic cartoon mouse. The guy from storage sheds everyone apart emotionlessly.
Battie
post #18  on September 15, 2005 - 2:46 AM PDT  
Hah, woozy...you've been watching your cats shred paper too much.

As for my dream...definitely one of the more vivid, detailed, LONG, and LINEAR dreams I've ever had. Kind of fun, too.
woozy
post #19  on September 15, 2005 - 12:03 PM PDT  
> On September 15, 2005 - 2:46 AM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Hah, woozy...you've been watching your cats shred paper too much.
>


Hmmmm. No, don't think so. The paper were more like waterlogged and then dried crepe paper. And the ripping them apart was more like just disintigrating them. It was revenge though.

I had a rather vivid and almost pleasant sex dream last night.

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.