GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
Home Releases
General discussion about what's out for the couch.
274

five obstructions dvd extras?
Topic by: maritoni
Posted: August 18, 2004 - 6:42 PM PDT
Last Reply: September 30, 2004 - 10:05 AM PDT

author topic: five obstructions dvd extras?
maritoni
post #1  on August 18, 2004 - 6:42 PM PDT  
hi there,

does anyone know if there are any good extras on the recent release "five obstructions" by lars von trier? i'm wondering if the dvd includes the final 5 films that jorgen leth makes.

thanks.
hamano
post #2  on August 18, 2004 - 6:55 PM PDT  
Release Information:
Studio: Koch Vision Entertai
DVD Release Date: October 5, 2004
Production Company: koch
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s):
Widescreen anamorphic - 1.78:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1

Edition Details:
S Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries.) Read more about DVD formats.
S Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen
S Theatrical trailer(s)
S Commentary by director Jorgen Leth
S Leth's 1967 short film "The Perfect Human"
S Widescreen anamorphic format
hamano
post #3  on August 18, 2004 - 7:01 PM PDT  
Koch Vision's own page on this release has very little information about the DVD....
maritoni
post #4  on August 18, 2004 - 7:16 PM PDT  
that's great! thanks.

> On August 18, 2004 - 6:55 PM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Release Information:
> Studio: Koch Vision Entertai
> DVD Release Date: October 5, 2004
> Production Company: koch
> Package Type: Keep Case
>
> Aspect Ratio(s):
> Widescreen anamorphic - 1.78:1
>
> Discographic Information:
> DVD Encoding: Region 1
>
> Edition Details:
> S Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries.) Read more about DVD formats.
> S Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen
> S Theatrical trailer(s)
> S Commentary by director Jorgen Leth
> S Leth's 1967 short film "The Perfect Human"
> S Widescreen anamorphic format
>
> ---------------------------------
oldkingcole
post #5  on August 19, 2004 - 2:17 AM PDT  
> On August 18, 2004 - 6:42 PM PDT maritoni wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> hi there,
>
> does anyone know if there are any good extras on the recent release "five obstructions" by lars von trier? i'm wondering if the dvd includes the final 5 films that jorgen leth makes.
>
> thanks.
> ---------------------------------


Is this out now? I thought the DVD release wasn't happening until October.
hamano
post #6  on August 19, 2004 - 8:41 AM PDT  
> On August 18, 2004 - 6:55 PM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Release Information:
> Studio: Koch Vision Entertai
> DVD Release Date: October 5, 2004


^_^
underdog
post #7  on August 19, 2004 - 11:27 AM PDT  
> On August 19, 2004 - 8:41 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On August 18, 2004 - 6:55 PM PDT hamano wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Release Information:
> > Studio: Koch Vision Entertai
> > DVD Release Date: October 5, 2004
>

>
> ^_^
> ---------------------------------

But you can add it to your queue now for safekeeping.

The Five Obstructions.
oldkingcole
post #8  on August 19, 2004 - 10:22 PM PDT  
> On August 19, 2004 - 8:41 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On August 18, 2004 - 6:55 PM PDT hamano wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Release Information:
> > Studio: Koch Vision Entertai
> > DVD Release Date: October 5, 2004
>

>
> ^_^
> ---------------------------------


Thanks, Hamano. Someday I'll learn to read more carefully before I post! :-)

I'm looking forward to the DVD, and, like everyone else, I hope includes the full versions of the various "Perfect Human" shorts.

So far, The Five Obstructions is still the best movie I've seen this year.
maritoni
post #9  on September 2, 2004 - 12:14 PM PDT  

> So far, The Five Obstructions is still the best movie I've seen this year.
> ---------------------------------

There's a good interview with Jorgen Leth in the current Bomb Magazine.

Incidentally I just watched Lost in La Mancha, the doc about Terry Gilliam's failed attempt to make Don Quixote. Another interesting look at artistic process, though Five Obstructions is a much finer film.
scotch
post #10  on September 30, 2004 - 10:05 AM PDT  
Actually amoeda was selling a copy recently (promo copy in the used bin). I dont think it had full versions of the 5 films, but if my memory serves me, they are in the film in their full length no?

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.