GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
TV
By popular demand, a forum devoted to Mr. Philo T. Farnsworth's remarkable invention.
93

MST3K question about Manos DVDs
Topic by: boutitboutit
Posted: October 19, 2005 - 2:21 PM PDT
Last Reply: October 21, 2005 - 4:42 PM PDT

author topic: MST3K question about Manos DVDs
boutitboutit
post #1  on October 19, 2005 - 2:21 PM PDT  
Regarding the 2 DVD versions of "Manos, The Hands of Fate," is there any difference between the "Essentials" version and the "regular" version? Different features or what have you? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
underdog
post #2  on October 19, 2005 - 4:16 PM PDT  
> On October 19, 2005 - 2:21 PM PDT boutitboutit wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Regarding the 2 DVD versions of "Manos, The Hands of Fate," is there any difference between the "Essentials" version and the "regular" version? Different features or what have you? Does anyone know?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ---------------------------------


Boutit, as far as we can tell, there's no difference in content between the two MST Manos releases. The newer "Essentials" version was simply part of a re-release, a repackaging that came with a previously unreleased episode, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, and was a way for Rhino to remarket two of the more popular episodes.

So you can queue them both (1, 2) up to see which one you get first, then delete the other one from your queue. They are the same.

"your average Joe has never seen a film like today's experiment. The average person on the street has not even begun to conceptualize the horror which is your experiment today, Mr. Joel Average. I give to you... Manos: The Hands of Fate" - Dr. Clayton Forrester
lizzoqops
post #3  on October 20, 2005 - 1:11 PM PDT  
"Hands...the Hands of Fate?"

"Every frame of this movie looks like someone's last known photograph."

"Manos was filmed on location in a vacant lot"

MuSt gO wAtCh thIS epIsoDe nOw....
underdog
post #4  on October 20, 2005 - 4:52 PM PDT  
> On October 20, 2005 - 1:11 PM PDT lizzoqops wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> "Hands...the Hands of Fate?"
>
> "Every frame of this movie looks like someone's last known photograph."
>
> "Manos was filmed on location in a vacant lot"
>
> MuSt gO wAtCh thIS epIsoDe nOw....
> ---------------------------------

Hah. Ditto.

Hmm, did they actually point out the "Hands/Manos" thing? I thought they refrained from it, for some reason... Hm, now I really have to watch it again.

Servo: "Yep... Manos.... The Hands of Fate. [pause] Manos... the hands of FATE. Yep..."



lizzoqops
post #5  on October 20, 2005 - 6:07 PM PDT  
> On October 20, 2005 - 4:52 PM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------

>
> Hah. Ditto.
>
> Hmm, did they actually point out the "Hands/Manos" thing? I thought they refrained from it, for some reason... Hm, now I really have to watch it again.
>

Maybe not. I might have just heard that at some silly little con...


> Servo: "Yep... Manos.... The Hands of Fate. [pause] Manos... the hands of FATE. Yep..."
>
> ---------------------------------

"Manos...""The Hands of Fate?""Yep."

"The Red and Black Moses of Soul"

"When Carneys Flirt"

"It's like having Joe Cocker as your bellhop"



underdog
post #6  on October 21, 2005 - 4:42 PM PDT  
Hah hah hah, oh man... short of being able to watch it this second, you gotta go to this page to hear some soundbites from the Satellite of Love during Manos. CLASSIC.

Tom Servo: "So what're we, about a half hour into this movie?"
Joel: "No, I'm afraid not, it's more like a minute."

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.