GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
TV
By popular demand, a forum devoted to Mr. Philo T. Farnsworth's remarkable invention.
93

TV Shows you want to see on DVD...
Topic by: KKelleman
Posted: March 30, 2008 - 1:13 AM PDT
Last Reply: April 3, 2008 - 12:47 AM PDT

page  1  2      prev | next
author topic: TV Shows you want to see on DVD...
KKelleman
post #1  on March 30, 2008 - 1:13 AM PDT  
What are some TV shows that are not yet,on DVD...But,You cant wait 'till they are?
Here is my short list:
The Days
So Weird
The Famous Jett Jackson
Bug Juice
The Jersey
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
The Angry Beavers
CatDog
Eureeka's Castle
Hey Arnold!
Rocko's Modern Life
Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Oh,And Yes I know I am a geek.lol =]
doozer
post #2  on March 30, 2008 - 1:41 AM PDT  
I second Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rocko, and Are You Afraid of the Dark.


I remember waiting for Are You Afraid of the Dark when I was a young'un back in Missouri every Saturday night. What was that block called? Snick?
KKelleman
post #3  on March 30, 2008 - 9:42 AM PDT  
> On March 30, 2008 - 1:41 AM PDT doozer wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I second Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rocko, and Are You Afraid of the Dark.
>
>
> I remember waiting for Are You Afraid of the Dark when I was a young'un back in Missouri every Saturday night. What was that block called? Snick?
> ---------------------------------
Yep it was called Snick.Good times...But...
I just found out 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' is on DVD.lol
And you can it to your Request List here on Greencine
click here :)
DLeonard
post #4  on March 30, 2008 - 1:06 PM PDT  
I've been whining about a need for the short but sweet "Dana Carvey Show" to be on DVD. Only 6 episodes that made it on, but the list of folks involved is practically a who's who of current names in comedy. Stephen Colbert, Steve Carrel and even Charlie Kaufman worked on the series.

It does look like episodes can be found online, so why no Special Edition DVD?

Vanamonde
post #5  on March 30, 2008 - 8:12 PM PDT  
Stevie Nicks made VHS tape for HBO on her very first solo tour. This was in the early days of cable and VCR's. I would love to see it on DVD but I'm afraid it was never released. It was a couple of years before the "Live at Red Rocks".
underdog
post #6  on March 31, 2008 - 1:36 PM PDT  
> On March 30, 2008 - 1:41 AM PDT doozer wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I second Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rocko, and Are You Afraid of the Dark.
>
>
> I remember waiting for Are You Afraid of the Dark when I was a young'un back in Missouri every Saturday night. What was that block called? Snick?
> ---------------------------------

My lord, I suddenly feel very old. 8-)

How about WKRP in Cincinnati? I've heard it's a music rights issue thing. I bought an episode off of iTunes, which had some of the music changed so they could show it. I wish they'd just figure that out because the show was one of my favorites - when *I* was a little kid. :-P
weezy
post #7  on March 31, 2008 - 2:06 PM PDT  
Parker Lewis Can't Lose!
KKelleman
post #8  on March 31, 2008 - 4:56 PM PDT  
> On March 31, 2008 - 1:36 PM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On March 30, 2008 - 1:41 AM PDT doozer wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > I second Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rocko, and Are You Afraid of the Dark.
> >
> >
> > I remember waiting for Are You Afraid of the Dark when I was a young'un back in Missouri every Saturday night. What was that block called? Snick?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> My lord, I suddenly feel very old. 8-)
>
> How about WKRP in Cincinnati? I've heard it's a music rights issue thing. I bought an episode off of iTunes, which had some of the music changed so they could show it. I wish they'd just figure that out because the show was one of my favorites - when *I* was a little kid. :-P
> ---------------------------------
I suddenly feel very young.lol
=]

troublemaker
post #9  on March 31, 2008 - 4:57 PM PDT  
I remember scouring around online and finding some bootleg DVD's of Are You Afraid of the Dark? and X-Men the animated series . I was enticed to relive some childhood nostalgia but apparently the quality of these copies were pretty bad. I'd kill to have these shows properly done. Hell, I'd probably set aside an evening of it, complete with a bag of Dorritos, capri-suns, and squeeze-its, like my adolescent self would have done.

With that said. I've been wanting to watch episodes of the U.K. show Spaced but apparently DVD's are still not available? That's a bummer.
underdog
post #10  on March 31, 2008 - 7:09 PM PDT  
> On March 31, 2008 - 4:57 PM PDT troublemaker wrote:
> ---------------------------------

>
> With that said. I've been wanting to watch episodes of the U.K. show Spaced but apparently DVD's are still not available? That's a bummer.
> ---------------------------------

Spaced is literally #1 on my TV shows MIA on DVD list! I've seen some of the episodes on a bootleg DVD someone made from a UK DVD. I wish I could see the whole thing - it's completely hysterical, genius. And of course Simon Pegg is grand in it. Again, I believe there's a music rights issue with that one as well, according to Pegg and Edgar Wright.
Vanamonde
post #11  on March 31, 2008 - 7:51 PM PDT  
> On March 31, 2008 - 1:36 PM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
>
> My lord, I suddenly feel very old. 8-)
>
> How about WKRP in Cincinnati?
> ---------------------------------
Remember when the station manager came in and Johnny Fever was playing "Dogs" by Pink Floyd? I will never forget the look on his face as the organs were barking. A classic scene.

And I was not a kid then.

Vanamonde
post #12  on March 31, 2008 - 7:59 PM PDT  
Omigawd, you have "The George Burns and Gracie Allen Collection"! I remember people telling me that "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" was so innovated cause they had the star talking directly to the camera. Silly rabbits, George Burns had been doing that bit since before *I* was born!
KKelleman
post #13  on March 31, 2008 - 8:22 PM PDT  
> On March 31, 2008 - 4:57 PM PDT troublemaker wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I remember scouring around online and finding some bootleg DVD's of Are You Afraid of the Dark? and X-Men the animated series . I was enticed to relive some childhood nostalgia but apparently the quality of these copies were pretty bad. I'd kill to have these shows properly done. Hell, I'd probably set aside an evening of it, complete with a bag of Dorritos, capri-suns, and squeeze-its, like my adolescent self would have done.
>
> With that said. I've been wanting to watch episodes of the U.K. show Spaced but apparently DVD's are still not available? That's a bummer.
> ---------------------------------
Yeah 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' is out now on DVD...The real one.lol.Just do a search on ebay.

KKelleman
post #14  on March 31, 2008 - 8:26 PM PDT  
> On March 31, 2008 - 8:22 PM PDT KKelleman wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On March 31, 2008 - 4:57 PM PDT troublemaker wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > I remember scouring around online and finding some bootleg DVD's of Are You Afraid of the Dark? and X-Men the animated series . I was enticed to relive some childhood nostalgia but apparently the quality of these copies were pretty bad. I'd kill to have these shows properly done. Hell, I'd probably set aside an evening of it, complete with a bag of Dorritos, capri-suns, and squeeze-its, like my adolescent self would have done.
> >
> > With that said. I've been wanting to watch episodes of the U.K. show Spaced but apparently DVD's are still not available? That's a bummer.
> > ---------------------------------
> Yeah 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' is out now on DVD...The real one.lol.Just do a search on ebay.
>
>
> ---------------------------------
Oh,they have Seasons 1 through 6.And a 'Freaky Favorites' DVD that has 8 episodes on it.
KKelleman
post #15  on March 31, 2008 - 8:47 PM PDT  
> On March 30, 2008 - 1:13 AM PDT KKelleman wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> What are some TV shows that are not yet,on DVD...But,You cant wait 'till they are?
> Here is my short list:
> The Days
> So Weird
> The Famous Jett Jackson
> Bug Juice
> The Jersey
> Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
> The Angry Beavers
> CatDog
> Eureeka's Castle
> Hey Arnold!
> Rocko's Modern Life
> Are You Afraid of the Dark?
>
> Oh,And Yes I know I am a geek.lol =]
> ---------------------------------
Also...
Kenan & Kel
Cousin Skeeter
Spy TV
SonjaBlue
post #16  on April 1, 2008 - 12:02 AM PDT  
Is the purpose of this forum about TV shows that have not been officially released on DVD or about TV shows that have been released on DVD but not yet seen?

For the former, I'll suggest (again) Brimstone.

It featured Mr. John Glover (as "The Devil"), Ms. Lori Petty, and Mr. Peter Horton -- a familiar face, but for some reason, a less than memorable name.
shiftless
post #17  on April 1, 2008 - 4:00 PM PDT  
I'd like to see the complete Land of the Lost tv series. Most of which I haven't seen since it aired. i did see one episode on VHS about 10 years ago and was shocked at how many drug references there were (magic mushroom related). I LOVED that show as a kid, it would be a kick to see them again. I think there were only 3 seasons, maybe not even.

shiftless
post #18  on April 1, 2008 - 4:05 PM PDT  
I should look before I post, season one is available but not season 2 or 3.
KKelleman
post #19  on April 1, 2008 - 6:19 PM PDT  
> On March 31, 2008 - 8:47 PM PDT KKelleman wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On March 30, 2008 - 1:13 AM PDT KKelleman wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > What are some TV shows that are not yet,on DVD...But,You cant wait 'till they are?
> > Here is my short list:
> > The Days
> > So Weird
> > The Famous Jett Jackson
> > Bug Juice
> > The Jersey
> > Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
> > The Angry Beavers
> > CatDog
> > Eureeka's Castle
> > Hey Arnold!
> > Rocko's Modern Life
> > Are You Afraid of the Dark?
> >
> > Oh,And Yes I know I am a geek.lol =]
> > ---------------------------------
> Also...
> Kenan & Kel
> Cousin Skeeter
> Spy TV
> ---------------------------------
WOW.Just found out must of the Nick shows above are on DVD.
Looks liked i should have looked also ;)
troublemaker
post #20  on April 2, 2008 - 5:37 PM PDT  
> On March 31, 2008 - 8:47 PM PDT KKelleman wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On March 30, 2008 - 1:13 AM PDT KKelleman wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > What are some TV shows that are not yet,on DVD...But,You cant wait 'till they are?
> > Here is my short list:
> > The Days
> > So Weird
> > The Famous Jett Jackson
> > Bug Juice
> > The Jersey
> > Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
> > The Angry Beavers
> > CatDog
> > Eureeka's Castle
> > Hey Arnold!
> > Rocko's Modern Life
> > Are You Afraid of the Dark?
> >
> > Oh,And Yes I know I am a geek.lol =]
> > ---------------------------------
> Also...
> Kenan & Kel
> Cousin Skeeter
> Spy TV
> ---------------------------------

You know, not sure if you have Comcast/cable, but there's a specific channel (which I can't recall at the moment) that reruns a fair number of classic cartoons. My roommate actually set the DVR to record episodes of The Tick as well as Rocko's Modern Life. I think we have nearly about 15 episodes of each show at the moment :) I really enjoy watching the Tick, but now that I'm older, Rocko's Modern Life kind of freaks me out a little bit.. haha.
page  1  2      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.