GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
Horror
Check out the latest in horror news and discussion, if you dare!
50

Prom Night (2008)
Topic by: ScottWeinberg
Posted: April 13, 2008 - 6:32 PM PDT
Last Reply: April 16, 2008 - 8:11 PM PDT

author topic: Prom Night (2008)
ScottWeinberg
post #1  on April 13, 2008 - 6:32 PM PDT  
To quote my own review: To call PROM NIGHT a horror movie is to call chewing gum a cheeseburger.

Forget that it's all tame and flat and kiddified. It's also one of the clunkiest movies in years. It looks like it was shot off-hours on the back stages of a WB TV show I've never seen.

And scary? I've seen scarier tooth decay.
GreenCineStaff
post #2  on April 14, 2008 - 1:24 PM PDT  
And this future classic has no relation to the original Prom Night? I wonder if the makers were even aware of it. Or of anything.
doozer
post #3  on April 14, 2008 - 1:36 PM PDT  
> On April 13, 2008 - 6:32 PM PDT ScottWeinberg wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> To quote my own review: To call PROM NIGHT a horror movie is to call chewing gum a cheeseburger.
>
> Forget that it's all tame and flat and kiddified. It's also one of the clunkiest movies in years. It looks like it was shot off-hours on the back stages of a WB TV show I've never seen.
>
> And scary? I've seen scarier tooth decay.
> ---------------------------------



To be fair, a google image search proves that tooth decay can be pretty darn scary.
Battie
post #4  on April 15, 2008 - 1:05 PM PDT  
> On April 14, 2008 - 1:36 PM PDT doozer wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> To be fair, a google image search proves that tooth decay can be pretty darn scary.
> ---------------------------------

You should see some of the people I work with.
doozer
post #5  on April 15, 2008 - 3:32 PM PDT  
> On April 15, 2008 - 1:05 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On April 14, 2008 - 1:36 PM PDT doozer wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > To be fair, a google image search proves that tooth decay can be pretty darn scary.
> > ---------------------------------
>
> You should see some of the people I work with.
> ---------------------------------


Blast you morbid curiosity!! Got a camera on your cellphone? ^_^
EmpressStephanie
post #6  on April 16, 2008 - 10:45 AM PDT  
> On April 14, 2008 - 1:24 PM PDT GreenCineStaff wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> And this future classic has no relation to the original Prom Night? I wonder if the makers were even aware of it. Or of anything.
>
> ---------------------------------

Is it really not a remake? Shockingly in the boyfriend said he would see this with me... with me even asking... but he premised it with, "it's a remake, so I definitely want to see it." If it isn't a remake I might just keep to myself and see it with him anyway. He deserves to see a bad movie with me.
Battie
post #7  on April 16, 2008 - 1:59 PM PDT  
> On April 15, 2008 - 3:32 PM PDT doozer wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Blast you morbid curiosity!! Got a camera on your cellphone? ^_^
> ---------------------------------

Yup, but the chick with the brown and black teeth is somewhat psychotic and hates me (for an imagined slight). I think a camera might scare her and then she'd go rabid.
underdog
post #8  on April 16, 2008 - 2:43 PM PDT  
> On April 16, 2008 - 1:59 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
>
> Yup, but the chick with the brown and black teeth is somewhat psychotic and hates me (for an imagined slight). I think a camera might scare her and then she'd go rabid.
> ---------------------------------

Um, where do you work again? No dental plans, I take it?

Be careful, ES, if you take your friend to Prom Night. Sounds like you might owe him a nice dinner if he survives. Especially if expecting a remake.
EmpressStephanie
post #9  on April 16, 2008 - 8:11 PM PDT  
> On April 16, 2008 - 2:43 PM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On April 16, 2008 - 1:59 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Yup, but the chick with the brown and black teeth is somewhat psychotic and hates me (for an imagined slight). I think a camera might scare her and then she'd go rabid.
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Um, where do you work again? No dental plans, I take it?
>
> Be careful, ES, if you take your friend to Prom Night. Sounds like you might owe him a nice dinner if he survives. Especially if expecting a remake.
> ---------------------------------

: P Screw him.

(I'm as mean to my personal acquaintances as I am to you guys, the greencine staff. I'm just an abusive person to the people that I love. : )

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.