GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
In The Theaters
I just saw it and boy does it...
318

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
Topic by: doozer
Posted: February 28, 2009 - 3:19 PM PST
Last Reply: June 5, 2009 - 3:14 PM PDT

author topic: Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
doozer
post #1  on February 28, 2009 - 3:19 PM PST  

It was comically bad. The writing was terrible so maybe the cast was good but they came off just as ridiculous. The fighting wasn't even worthwhile enough to tolerate it muted.

The best part was the guy behind me SNORING.

Unfortunately since there were no screenings in my area, I had to actually pay to see this crap to submit a review and hopefully get paid for the work.


There is one scene that I liked, and if you do go out and see the movie it's the scene with Bison and his...punching bag.
Catullus
post #2  on February 28, 2009 - 11:35 PM PST  
I dont know what you are talking about but if you are talking about CHUN LI I have a funny story about her.

I used to pause the games as a kid with her high kicking! it was like before god invented the Dead or Alive series
doozer
post #3  on March 1, 2009 - 12:17 AM PST  
> On February 28, 2009 - 11:35 PM PST Catullus wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I dont know what you are talking about but if you are talking about CHUN LI I have a funny story about her.
>
> I used to pause the games as a kid with her high kicking! it was like before god invented the Dead or Alive series
> ---------------------------------


A quick survey concludes that I did that, my roommate did that, and his girlfriend did that as well ^_^

To save you some time, none of her high kicks in the movie reveal anything and when she's not in the streets she dresses like a 50 year old Asian woman thus it's hard to find her attractive for a minute. I should have just stayed at home with Killzone 2. I have tendonitis in my knee from running anyway that I further exacerbated keeping my leg in the same position for the duration of a movie.
MHeise
post #4  on March 8, 2009 - 8:36 AM PDT  
> On March 1, 2009 - 12:17 AM PST doozer wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On February 28, 2009 - 11:35 PM PST Catullus wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > I dont know what you are talking about but if you are talking about CHUN LI I have a funny story about her.
> >
> > I used to pause the games as a kid with her high kicking! it was like before god invented the Dead or Alive series
> > ---------------------------------
>
>
> A quick survey concludes that I did that, my roommate did that, and his girlfriend did that as well ^_^
>
> To save you some time, none of her high kicks in the movie reveal anything and when she's not in the streets she dresses like a 50 year old Asian woman thus it's hard to find her attractive for a minute. I should have just stayed at home with Killzone 2. I have tendonitis in my knee from running anyway that I further exacerbated keeping my leg in the same position for the duration of a movie.
> ---------------------------------

why do they bother to make street fighter movies? just keep it to the game or anime.
Vanamonde
post #5  on March 8, 2009 - 2:17 PM PDT  
Thank you, doozer, I will NOT be wasting my time on this. I don't why I was thinking of seeing it.

I did pay to see the first one and I still think it is sad that was the last film that Raul Julia appeared in.

He was BORN to play Gomez Addams! And has left a legacy of some great pictures. I would have loved to see him in "Che", maybe as Fidel.
Vanamonde
post #6  on March 8, 2009 - 2:24 PM PDT  
> On March 1, 2009 - 12:17 AM PST doozer wrote:
> ---------------------------------
>
> A quick survey concludes that I did that, my roommate did that, and his girlfriend did that as well ^_^
>
There is a scene in "Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind" where Nausicaš is flying (standing position) and the wind blows up her skirt and she has no pantsu. I think she is like 12?

I wonder if it was another one of his nods to Disney. Seriously - watch "Dumbo" and count the butt jokes and then tell me that Disney did not have a fetish for butts.
troublemaker
post #7  on March 9, 2009 - 5:59 PM PDT  
> On March 8, 2009 - 2:24 PM PDT Vanamonde wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On March 1, 2009 - 12:17 AM PST doozer wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
>
>
> I wonder if it was another one of his nods to Disney. Seriously - watch "Dumbo" and count the butt jokes and then tell me that Disney did not have a fetish for butts.
> ---------------------------------

I'm suddenly compelled to dig up an old Dumbo VHS tape next time I come back home to confirm this.
underdog
post #8  on March 10, 2009 - 11:13 AM PDT  
Two different critics I know told me in no uncertain terms that this movie also featured one of the worst performances ever. Chris Klein's.
MHeise
post #9  on March 11, 2009 - 10:25 AM PDT  
> On March 10, 2009 - 11:13 AM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Two different critics I know told me in no uncertain terms that this movie also featured one of the worst performances ever. Chris Klein's.
> ---------------------------------

I would have to say that this ranks up there with lawn mower man 2: jobs war and it even worse then the first street fighter movie. Raul Julia God rest his soul going out with a part like M. Bison
weezy
post #10  on June 5, 2009 - 3:14 PM PDT  
Queue up this doozie for home viewing here! And ooo-la-la it includes an UNRATED version... I just hope for the movie's sake that means more scandalous Kristin Kreuk as Chun-Li shots.

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.