GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Feedback
Have suggestions, criticism or praise for the GreenCine community? Post them here. Please maintain a sense of decorum here.
1063

changing Subscription Plan
Topic by: kingturtle
Posted: February 24, 2005 - 9:27 PM PST
Last Reply: February 26, 2005 - 11:21 AM PST

author topic: changing Subscription Plan
kingturtle
post #1  on February 24, 2005 - 9:27 PM PST  
I realize now that I should have set my Subscription Plan up for 10-at-a-time, not 3-at-a-time. I want to watch a movie a night, and that just isn't feasible with the 3-at-a-time plan. So I changed my account, but the change won't go into effect until March 17th (one month after I started my membership).

Just about every place I can think of will pro-rate months. Can't GreenCine? Just so some simple math and tack on the extra money onto my charges.

Cheers.
hamano
post #2  on February 24, 2005 - 10:34 PM PST  
Who do YOU think will win, kingturtle, Gamera or Genbu?

What would happen if you just cancel your current plan, and sign up again immediately with a 10-out plan under a different name, like DukeTortoise or something?
artifex
post #3  on February 25, 2005 - 4:01 AM PST  
> On February 24, 2005 - 9:27 PM PST kingturtle wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I realize now that I should have set my Subscription Plan up for 10-at-a-time, not 3-at-a-time. I want to watch a movie a night, and that just isn't feasible with the 3-at-a-time plan. So I changed my account, but the change won't go into effect until March 17th (one month after I started my membership).
>
> Just about every place I can think of will pro-rate months. Can't GreenCine? Just so some simple math and tack on the extra money onto my charges.
>
> Cheers.
> ---------------------------------


Odd, I don't recall Netflix, Walmart, or Blockbuster letting me immediately switch plans, either. Who lets you do that? Actually, GC used to let you up your plan once and have it take effect immediately, without charging you any pro-rated fee before your next period, but it's been a long time since I've seen that offered :)

kingturtle
post #4  on February 25, 2005 - 9:40 AM PST  
I thought about that. The problem is that I would lose my Request List - and it's already 100s of movies long.

> On February 24, 2005 - 10:34 PM PST hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Who do YOU think will win, kingturtle, Gamera or Genbu?
>
> What would happen if you just cancel your current plan, and sign up again immediately with a 10-out plan under a different name, like DukeTortoise or something?
> ---------------------------------

kingturtle
post #5  on February 25, 2005 - 9:43 AM PST  
I've never done business with Walmart or Blockbuster, so I wouldn't know about their policies. I do know this, though, that Netflix, Verizon and Wells Fargo are examples of companies who put account changes in immediately. I really don't see why GeenCine can.

>
> Odd, I don't recall Netflix, Walmart, or Blockbuster letting me immediately switch plans, either. Who lets you do that? Actually, GC used to let you up your plan once and have it take effect immediately, without charging you any pro-rated fee before your next period, but it's been a long time since I've seen that offered :)
>
>
> ---------------------------------

ggsuperhero
post #6  on February 25, 2005 - 2:12 PM PST  
Hi kingturtle,

I sent your note to our customer service folks, they will help you. Expect an email from them soon. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Giselle G.
GreenCine Operations
kingturtle
post #7  on February 25, 2005 - 3:26 PM PST  
Thanks for the nice response. I have not yet received an email, but I did notice that on my rental queue page, "currently checked out" is followed by "max 10"...although only three movies are listed there.

cheers.

> On February 25, 2005 - 2:12 PM PST ggsuperhero wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Hi kingturtle,
>
> I sent your note to our customer service folks, they will help you. Expect an email from them soon. Let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Thanks,
> Giselle G.
> GreenCine Operations
>
> ---------------------------------

kolohe61
post #8  on February 25, 2005 - 3:45 PM PST  
> On February 25, 2005 - 3:26 PM PST kingturtle wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Thanks for the nice response. I have not yet received an email, but I did notice that on my rental queue page, "currently checked out" is followed by "max 10"...although only three movies are listed there.

Do you have enough green-bar movies in your queue to fill out your allotment?
underdog
post #9  on February 25, 2005 - 3:54 PM PST  
> On February 25, 2005 - 3:45 PM PST kolohe61 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On February 25, 2005 - 3:26 PM PST kingturtle wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Thanks for the nice response. I have not yet received an email, but I did notice that on my rental queue page, "currently checked out" is followed by "max 10"...although only three movies are listed there.
>
> Do you have enough green-bar movies in your queue to fill out your allotment?
> ---------------------------------


I think it's because we just changed him over, after the day's shipping had gone out. He should see more go out tomorrow.


kingturtle
post #10  on February 26, 2005 - 11:21 AM PST  
hey cool! not only did customer service change my plan, but GreenCine works on Saturdays! my "currently checked out" list *just* got filled to ten :)

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.