GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Feedback
Have suggestions, criticism or praise for the GreenCine community? Post them here. Please maintain a sense of decorum here.
1063

O.k. people, time to return your dvds.
Topic by: sir78billy
Posted: July 5, 2005 - 11:14 AM PDT
Last Reply: September 21, 2012 - 11:55 PM PDT

page  1  2  3  4  5  6      prev | next
author topic: O.k. people, time to return your dvds.
sir78billy
post #1  on July 5, 2005 - 11:14 AM PDT  
Looking for a couple of dvds that never seem to be in.

The Baby
A Smell of Honey, A Swallow of Brine
God's Angry Man
A Dirty Shame
Pulse [Kairo]

These have been out for awhile. What do you say people, time to return them so other people can see them. I have 14 items in my queue, all unavailable, and Greencine is ready to ship me my next item. But I don't want to add just something for the sake of it, I want to see one of those movies I listed above. When I get a dvd I watch it and mail it back the next day. Help me out here people, I really want to see these, I'm not going to wait till next year.
hardcle
post #2  on July 6, 2005 - 8:38 PM PDT  
Pulse [Kairo] is probably lost. I sent it back 4/13 and it hasn't made it back to GC, as far as I know. Sorry about that! I mailed it at the post office and everything!
sir78billy
post #3  on July 7, 2005 - 9:33 AM PDT  
> On July 6, 2005 - 8:38 PM PDT hardcle wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Pulse [Kairo] is probably lost. I sent it back 4/13 and it hasn't made it back to GC, as far as I know. Sorry about that! I mailed it at the post office and everything!
> ---------------------------------

Is it still in your queue?
I would be mad as hell if I returned something back in April and it's still in my outgoing queue.
Cinenaut
post #4  on July 7, 2005 - 9:45 AM PDT  
When one of my DVDs went missing around the holidays, I reported it after a week and GreenCine was kind enough to immediately free up my queue for the next DVD.

That's the only DVD that's gone missing.
underdog
post #5  on July 7, 2005 - 11:23 AM PDT  
> On July 6, 2005 - 8:38 PM PDT hardcle wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Pulse [Kairo] is probably lost. I sent it back 4/13 and it hasn't made it back to GC, as far as I know. Sorry about that! I mailed it at the post office and everything!
> ---------------------------------


We have more than one copy of Pulse, btw. But also, just so you know, that is an import release, which is why we don't have many copies, and given that there is a pending domestic release, first in theaters, and then, we assume, on disc - we'll probably wait til that more legit release before we go too hog wild on the ordering of Pulse. A new Stateside disc release may wait until after the remake (Sigh).

When titles are very rare, or imports, or both, it's more of a challenge to be as well-stocked as we'd like. All the more reason to have a fairly diverse and robust queue. Thanks for your patience.

C of GC
artifex
post #6  on July 7, 2005 - 1:13 PM PDT  
Craig, I've noticed lately that at least a couple DVDs marked as red are actually lost/damaged. Do you know how common that is, and do you think there will be another big inventory shakeout soon?
Bowwow
post #7  on July 7, 2005 - 1:52 PM PDT  
Everytime someone posts one of these threads, I always think to myself that the best part of Greencine for me is that my tastes are very different from most Greenciners which means that the movies in my queue are almost always green. Haw!!!

In fact, the only one that is red is Kimba and I am not dying to see that one anyways.
underdog
post #8  on July 7, 2005 - 3:10 PM PDT  
> On July 7, 2005 - 1:13 PM PDT artifex wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Craig, I've noticed lately that at least a couple DVDs marked as red are actually lost/damaged. Do you know how common that is, and do you think there will be another big inventory shakeout soon?
> ---------------------------------

It shouldn't be very common to see "red," no. Feel free to drop dvdrequest@greencine.com a line about any red titles if you want to inquire about 'em. We're not planning an "inventory shakeout" soon (but maybe our Uncle Vito will perform an inventory shakedown if any of them mugs misbehave). But not too far down the road, if things go according to plan (he says vaguely). Meanwhile, many of you, like BowWow, should be enjoying much more green than red.
sir78billy
post #9  on July 7, 2005 - 3:40 PM PDT  
It's not so much that titles are red, it's the fact that titles are red and they remain that way for many many months.

Two movies in my queue are red that I want to see.
Giant Spider Invasion
Tenderness of the Wolves

They have been red for at least a few months and it would make me extremely unhappy if I have to wait till next year to see one of these movies. Even titles that are orange and yellow, I never see them turn green, and I check my queue at least once a day. I know alot of it ins't Greencine's fault, between titles being in the postal system and people sitting on their dvds not returning them for who knows how long. It just frustrates me, seeing a movie in my queue that I really really want to see and feeling that I probably will not see it turn green in my lifetime.
hardcle
post #10  on July 7, 2005 - 7:33 PM PDT  
> On July 7, 2005 - 9:33 AM PDT sir78billy wrote:
> ---------------------------------

> Is it still in your queue?
> I would be mad as hell if I returned something back in April and it's still in my outgoing queue.
> ---------------------------------

No. I reported it lost after a week and the slot was freed up a couple of days later. That does bring to mind a question. Is there any notification when a disc that is reported lost eventually shows up? Would we get an email or would the received date in our history change? It hasn't happened for me on any of the ones I've reported lost.

Glad to hear there was more than one copy.
underdog
post #11  on July 8, 2005 - 11:33 AM PDT  
> On July 7, 2005 - 7:33 PM PDT hardcle wrote:
> ---------------------------------

> No. I reported it lost after a week and the slot was freed up a couple of days later. That does bring to mind a question. Is there any notification when a disc that is reported lost eventually shows up? Would we get an email or would the received date in our history change? It hasn't happened for me on any of the ones I've reported lost.
>
> Glad to hear there was more than one copy.
> ---------------------------------

The short answer is no, a member doesn't receive an email when their lost disc shows up and is replaced into inventory. As soon as our customer support staff marks the disc as lost, it moves into the member's history as returned. If a member emails asking about the lost discs, support(@greencine.com) will tell them if they have been recovered or not. And in the case of your disc, Hardcle, you'll be happy to know, "Pulse" did make it back about 4 days after you reported it as lost. A happy ending! [g]



FGaipa
post #12  on July 8, 2005 - 1:49 PM PDT  
Can't say for certain. I'm too new here. But surely GC buys multiple copies of many if not most items. Even free libraries do this. Kairo, or any Kiyoshi Kurosawa, is too hot to stock just one copy.

On the USPS, see my rant under Feedback/Trouble with GreenCine.

fg

> On July 5, 2005 - 11:14 AM PDT sir78billy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Looking for a couple of dvds that never seem to be in.

> These have been out for awhile.
artifex
post #13  on July 8, 2005 - 2:00 PM PDT  
> On July 8, 2005 - 1:49 PM PDT FGaipa wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Can't say for certain. I'm too new here. But surely GC buys multiple copies of many if not most items. Even free libraries do this. Kairo, or any Kiyoshi Kurosawa, is too hot to stock just one copy.

I'm sure they have to. The risk of loss from the post office and/or user damage is just too great. Especially when you consider the number of titles that are simply out of print, now. When they select a title, they have to make a little stockpile against entropy.

(I guess that means GC is fighting the coming heat death of the universe; another reason to support it :) )
hardcle
post #14  on July 8, 2005 - 4:26 PM PDT  
> On July 8, 2005 - 11:33 AM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------

>
> The short answer is no, a member doesn't receive an email when their lost disc shows up and is replaced into inventory. As soon as our customer support staff marks the disc as lost, it moves into the member's history as returned. If a member emails asking about the lost discs, support(@greencine.com) will tell them if they have been recovered or not. And in the case of your disc, Hardcle, you'll be happy to know, "Pulse" did make it back about 4 days after you reported it as lost. A happy ending! [g]
>

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear that the disc did make it back. I was feeling kind of responsible for sirbilly not being able to see his movie.
DLeonard
post #15  on July 8, 2005 - 4:54 PM PDT  
So now the question is; who does have Pulse?

I notice no-one is fessing up to having any of these titles.
sir78billy
post #16  on August 24, 2005 - 9:02 PM PDT  
Giving this a friendly bump, seeing how I'm still waiting for somebody to return Pulse (Kairo) and The Baby.

Come on whoever you are, give it up already.
Haven't you watched it enough?!?
Time to share.
kolohe61
post #17  on August 24, 2005 - 9:04 PM PDT  
A bump for The Kingdom 2. Two months at #1 in my queue.
artifex
post #18  on September 23, 2005 - 4:41 PM PDT  
My turn to bump; I've got The Adventures of Ma and Pa Kettle - Volume 2, Shaolin Temple 2: Kids From Shaolin, and Maze: DVD Collection (Disc 1 of 4) all stuck in my queue, from a couple months ago. Support has confirmed they are still in circulation. Come on, they're not that long or exciting (except maybe the anime, if there's fanservice) so GET THEM BACK IN!
DLeonard
post #19  on November 18, 2005 - 11:59 AM PST  
Alright!!
Who's holding on to Vittorio De Sica's Two Women?
That's a funny sentence.

C'mon now. Share with the rest of us.
artifex
post #20  on November 19, 2005 - 10:14 AM PST  
> On November 18, 2005 - 11:59 AM PST DLeonard wrote:
> Alright!!
> Who's holding on to Vittorio De Sica's Two Women?
> That's a funny sentence.
> C'mon now. Share with the rest of us.

Are we still talking bumps? :)

> I've got The Adventures of Ma and Pa Kettle - Volume 2,
> Shaolin Temple 2: Kids From Shaolin, and Maze: DVD
> Collection (Disc 1 of 4) all stuck in my queue

I finally saw volume 2 of the Kettles, I gave up on the series Maze since I never could see #1, and Shaolin Temple 2 was lost in transit to me :( Before I make any more pleas, I wonder when the next inventory shakeout will be? It's pretty obvious that a lot of reds are no longer in inventory.
page  1  2  3  4  5  6      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.