GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Feedback
Have suggestions, criticism or praise for the GreenCine community? Post them here. Please maintain a sense of decorum here.
1063

Turnaround times getting unbearable
Topic by: gnohymmij
Posted: July 30, 2007 - 11:46 AM PDT
Last Reply: November 6, 2007 - 1:37 PM PST

page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >>      prev | next
author topic: Turnaround times getting unbearable
gnohymmij
post #1  on July 30, 2007 - 11:46 AM PDT  
I live in the bay area and have been pretty satisfied with my service here, until the last two weeks....

I used to send a disc in, it gets to GC next day, then the day after I would get a new one. For the last 2.5 weeks, I've only been able to turn my discs around twice -- that's barely once a week and over twice as slow as I've been experiencing since my subscription started here several months ago. What's going on?!! More importantly, WHEN it is going to get better?!

I've read some of the other threads and noticed everyone else seems to be having issues. I've also seen posts from GC personnel discussing some changes and reassurances that it will get better. Well, I'm waiting but I'm not going to wait much longer. One of my major reasons for joining was Saturday processing so I could get more discs per week -- that goes down the drain of course when turnaround is 6-8 working days.
woozy
post #2  on July 30, 2007 - 12:26 PM PDT  
Read the dang boards!

Click on the "Has Netflix Begun Throttling" and read posts #8, #15, #30, #33, #44, #57, #71, and #95.
gnohymmij
post #3  on July 30, 2007 - 2:23 PM PDT  
> On July 30, 2007 - 12:26 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Read the dang boards!
>
> Click on the "Has Netflix Begun Throttling" and read posts #8, #15, #30, #33, #44, #57, #71, and #95.
>
> ---------------------------------

Thanks Woozy, I saw that as well -- just wanted to add my 2 cents and bring more visibility to the issue on the board with another thread.
speakreflection
post #4  on July 30, 2007 - 3:31 PM PDT  
> On July 30, 2007 - 2:23 PM PDT gnohymmij wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 30, 2007 - 12:26 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Read the dang boards!
> >
> > Click on the "Has Netflix Begun Throttling" and read posts #8, #15, #30, #33, #44, #57, #71, and #95.
> >
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Thanks Woozy, I saw that as well -- just wanted to add my 2 cents and bring more visibility to the issue on the board with another thread.
> ---------------------------------

don't know if it really need more visibility. it's the most active thread here.
GreenCineStaff
post #5  on July 30, 2007 - 3:58 PM PDT  
Just reposting this from the other thread, for gnoh's benefit and others who may somehow miss it:

For those of you who didn't get the email from us today, we've posted it here, too. (If you didn't get the email, do you see our newsletter or our DVD ship emails? Just curious. It's obvious that some of the emails get spamfiltered or blocked - could alleviate the former by adding support@greencine.com and newsletter@greencine.com to your address book)

Anyway, while this note isn't meant to make everything go away , or everything suddenly perfect for every single person, with a magic wand, we hope it's a start at least to alleviating some of your concerns. The upshot is, starting this week, those of you who had major shipping delays should start to see things quicken and normalize. By next week it should be a LOT better. If it isn't, you can lop our arms off. (All you have to do is get past this killer rabbit.) Thanks again.
Pluplat
post #6  on July 31, 2007 - 10:44 AM PDT  
...which is what Greencine told us last week...and the week before...standard party line: "things should be better this week"...
gnohymmij
post #7  on July 31, 2007 - 12:05 PM PDT  
> On July 30, 2007 - 3:31 PM PDT speakreflection wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 30, 2007 - 2:23 PM PDT gnohymmij wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > > On July 30, 2007 - 12:26 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> > > ---------------------------------
> > > Read the dang boards!
> > >
> > > Click on the "Has Netflix Begun Throttling" and read posts #8, #15, #30, #33, #44, #57, #71, and #95.
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Thanks Woozy, I saw that as well -- just wanted to add my 2 cents and bring more visibility to the issue on the board with another thread.
> > ---------------------------------
>
> don't know if it really need more visibility. it's the most active thread here.
> ---------------------------------

You're right, that thread was the most active. I followed it until the thread digressed into talk of boobs and other things that, while of great interest normally didn't really seem to shed much light on the matter.
gnohymmij
post #8  on July 31, 2007 - 12:08 PM PDT  
> On July 30, 2007 - 3:58 PM PDT GreenCineStaff wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Just reposting this from the other thread, for gnoh's benefit and others who may somehow miss it:
>
> For those of you who didn't get the email from us today, we've posted it here, too. (If you didn't get the email, do you see our newsletter or our DVD ship emails? Just curious. It's obvious that some of the emails get spamfiltered or blocked - could alleviate the former by adding support@greencine.com and newsletter@greencine.com to your address book)
>
> Anyway, while this note isn't meant to make everything go away , or everything suddenly perfect for every single person, with a magic wand, we hope it's a start at least to alleviating some of your concerns. The upshot is, starting this week, those of you who had major shipping delays should start to see things quicken and normalize. By next week it should be a LOT better. If it isn't, you can lop our arms off. (All you have to do is get past this killer rabbit.) Thanks again.
> ---------------------------------

Thanks for the response and appreciate the offer for the arms but i don't need another set (I scratch myself just fine w/ two thank you very much) -- please just fix the shipping problems.
woozy
post #9  on July 31, 2007 - 12:19 PM PDT  
> On July 31, 2007 - 12:05 PM PDT gnohymmij wrote:
>
> You're right, that thread was the most active. I followed it until the thread digressed into talk of boobs and other things that, while of great interest normally didn't really seem to shed much light on the matter.
> ---------------------------------


That's because there was no light to be shed on the subject.
speakreflection
post #10  on July 31, 2007 - 3:21 PM PDT  
> On July 30, 2007 - 3:58 PM PDT GreenCineStaff wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Just reposting this from the other thread, for gnoh's benefit and others who may somehow miss it:
>
> For those of you who didn't get the email from us today, we've posted it here, too. (If you didn't get the email, do you see our newsletter or our DVD ship emails? Just curious. It's obvious that some of the emails get spamfiltered or blocked - could alleviate the former by adding support@greencine.com and newsletter@greencine.com to your address book)
>
> Anyway, while this note isn't meant to make everything go away , or everything suddenly perfect for every single person, with a magic wand, we hope it's a start at least to alleviating some of your concerns. The upshot is, starting this week, those of you who had major shipping delays should start to see things quicken and normalize. By next week it should be a LOT better. If it isn't, you can lop our arms off. (All you have to do is get past this killer rabbit.) Thanks again.
> ---------------------------------

Thank you. I actually got the email, but it was blank. And as far as that rabbit. I'll take my chances. All I got to say is, watch out for the cook in the kitchen. He knows how you filet on the spot.
Can we please get back to talking about movies now?
woozy
post #11  on July 31, 2007 - 3:58 PM PDT  
> On July 31, 2007 - 3:21 PM PDT speakreflection wrote:

> Can we please get back to talking about movies now?
> ---------------------------------

Movies. They sure are fun.

What do *you* think? Movies (also known as "motion pictures" and "films")? Have you experienced them yet? Do you think they are a good idea? Or a bad Idea?

(well, at least I tried...)
jnissel
post #12  on July 31, 2007 - 4:01 PM PDT  
> On July 31, 2007 - 3:58 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 31, 2007 - 3:21 PM PDT speakreflection wrote:
>
> > Can we please get back to talking about movies now?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Movies. They sure are fun.
>
> What do *you* think? Movies (also known as "motion pictures" and "films")? Have you experienced them yet? Do you think they are a good idea? Or a bad Idea?
>
> (well, at least I tried...)
>
> ---------------------------------

Personally, I don't think they'll ever catch on. Especially those doggone talkies. :)
STagawa
post #13  on August 1, 2007 - 1:40 AM PDT  
Turnaround times are still unbearable here. I dropped three discs in the mailbox on the morning of the 24th. Two of them were checked in three days later, on the 27th, and the third was checked in today, SEVEN DAYS after I mailed it. Mind you, all threee went into the mailbox together. The two discs they sent out on the 27th were machine-cancelled on that day, but didn't show up here until the 30th, which doesn't give me much hope for shorter shipping times from Van Nuys, at least for now. The ones I sent back today were still the old hand-stamped kind...in one case very badly hand-stamped, the stamps being almost in the center of the envelope.

I'll have to wait until they switch to the Netflix-type, postage-paid envelopes to see if that improves shipping times any.
speakreflection
post #14  on August 2, 2007 - 8:52 AM PDT  
> On August 1, 2007 - 1:40 AM PDT STagawa wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Turnaround times are still unbearable here. I dropped three discs in the mailbox on the morning of the 24th. Two of them were checked in three days later, on the 27th, and the third was checked in today, SEVEN DAYS after I mailed it. Mind you, all threee went into the mailbox together. The two discs they sent out on the 27th were machine-cancelled on that day, but didn't show up here until the 30th, which doesn't give me much hope for shorter shipping times from Van Nuys, at least for now. The ones I sent back today were still the old hand-stamped kind...in one case very badly hand-stamped, the stamps being almost in the center of the envelope.
>
> I'll have to wait until they switch to the Netflix-type, postage-paid envelopes to see if that improves shipping times any.
> ---------------------------------

7 business days? or 6 days and Sunday? Did you send it with your outgoing house mail or at a mailbox?

If you are having such trouble why would you stay and wait to find out if it improves?

Here was my last week with Greencine.
Sent 1 movie back on the 25rd. 3 on the 26th. Greencine received first movie on Saturday 28th. And released to ship my next movie was ended up sent on Monday 30th (i don't actually have a problem with that. Seeing how they received the movie in the afternoon Saturday, so whatever procedure they require to re-inventory/reprocess a movie, and then send a new one has to take more than a 1hour or so. Saturday has limited mailings i assume. and Sunday has none.). They received my other 3 on the 30th and released to ship my new movies on the 31st. I'll come back and update when I receive my new movies and see what is going with mine.
I live in Maine also.
speakreflection
post #15  on August 2, 2007 - 8:54 AM PDT  
> On July 31, 2007 - 4:01 PM PDT jnissel wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 31, 2007 - 3:58 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > > On July 31, 2007 - 3:21 PM PDT speakreflection wrote:
> >
> > > Can we please get back to talking about movies now?
> > > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Movies. They sure are fun.
> >
> > What do *you* think? Movies (also known as "motion pictures" and "films")? Have you experienced them yet? Do you think they are a good idea? Or a bad Idea?
> >
> > (well, at least I tried...)
> >
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Personally, I don't think they'll ever catch on. Especially those doggone talkies. :)
> ---------------------------------

Damn keystone coppers.
janeskid
post #16  on August 2, 2007 - 11:32 AM PDT  
Reno, here. Turnaround times in May were 5,6 rarely seven days. Late July they are 11,12,13 and I think now one will be 14 days.

I am on the four disk plan and have gotten only half as many in July as in May. My queue has many green requests outstanding.

I am wondering have these people gone on a French style holiday and taken the summer off? Or, more seriously, have they gone broke?
jnissel
post #17  on August 2, 2007 - 11:40 AM PDT  
> On August 2, 2007 - 8:54 AM PDT speakreflection wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 31, 2007 - 4:01 PM PDT jnissel wrote:
> > > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Personally, I don't think they'll ever catch on. Especially those doggone talkies. :)
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Damn keystone coppers.
> ---------------------------------

And Charlie Chaplin as well.
speakreflection
post #18  on August 2, 2007 - 2:29 PM PDT  
> On August 2, 2007 - 11:32 AM PDT janeskid wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Reno, here. Turnaround times in May were 5,6 rarely seven days. Late July they are 11,12,13 and I think now one will be 14 days.
>
> I am on the four disk plan and have gotten only half as many in July as in May. My queue has many green requests outstanding.
>
> I am wondering have these people gone on a French style holiday and taken the summer off? Or, more seriously, have they gone broke?
> ---------------------------------

lol. I was in Reno when I first joined Greencine.
I don't understand though. How could you being having those type of delays. And myself in Maine am getting turnaround times much quicker than that.
I know times are different, but when I was in Reno, I could usually get a movie Monday, watch it, Send it back Tuesday and have another movie by Friday/Saturday.
underdog
post #19  on August 2, 2007 - 2:46 PM PDT  
jane, if you missed our letter to members, and the other postings staffers have put up here over the past few days, please do read this. Thanks so much for your patience as we continue to work out kinks.
weezy
post #20  on August 2, 2007 - 5:38 PM PDT  
> On August 2, 2007 - 11:32 AM PDT janeskid wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Reno, here. Turnaround times in May were 5,6 rarely seven days. Late July they are 11,12,13 and I think now one will be 14 days.
>
> I am on the four disk plan and have gotten only half as many in July as in May. My queue has many green requests outstanding.
>
> I am wondering have these people gone on a French style holiday and taken the summer off? Or, more seriously, have they gone broke?
> ---------------------------------

Greetings from a Staffer! Broke? No, not the company. On vacation? Quite the opposite! Long hours, blood, sweat, tears - you got it all. Sorry about those nasty turnaround times. We've been tracking it and this week we've done significantly better than the previous two. Either way, if EVER it takes 7 days or more for a disc to travel to you or to us, please drop us a line at support@greencine.com, and we will free the title from your out list to get your queue moving again.
page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >>      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.