GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Feedback
Have suggestions, criticism or praise for the GreenCine community? Post them here. Please maintain a sense of decorum here.
1063

Any chane GreenCine will get some Warner Bros. Archive releases?
Topic by: Sandoz
Posted: August 31, 2009 - 10:02 AM PDT
Last Reply: September 1, 2009 - 9:44 AM PDT

author topic: Any chane GreenCine will get some Warner Bros. Archive releases?
Sandoz
post #1  on August 31, 2009 - 10:02 AM PDT  
Don't know if anyone else has seen the list of films they have there, but it's got to be well over 500, and for almost all of them it's their very first time on DVD. Some newer ones are in-demand cult titles too that some people have been looking for on (legitimate) DVD's for a long, like Bad Ronald and Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark.

This would be a great way for GreenCine to get some new members, too, because Netflix seems to be completely ignoring getting ANY of these films for rental.
weezy
post #2  on August 31, 2009 - 10:19 AM PDT  
Unfortunately, last time we checked Warner Bros. isn't allowing these DVDs to be rented out through services like ours. The purchase terms dictate for "home use only" and we can't acquire any of these films through our DVD vendors.

Hopefully soon!
Cinenaut
post #3  on August 31, 2009 - 10:41 AM PDT  
That's too bad, because they just released Urgh! A Music War.

I've got it on vinyl, but I've never seen the movie.
underdog
post #4  on August 31, 2009 - 3:05 PM PDT  
> On August 31, 2009 - 10:41 AM PDT Cinenaut wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> That's too bad, because they just released Urgh! A Music War.
>
> I've got it on vinyl, but I've never seen the movie.
> ---------------------------------

{{cry}} :-(

I may have to go down to WB's office myself to see if I can shake my fist at them in person. (Well, at least those of us who are Urgh fans can buy that one!)
Sandoz
post #5  on August 31, 2009 - 3:16 PM PDT  
> On August 31, 2009 - 10:19 AM PDT weezy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Unfortunately, last time we checked Warner Bros. isn't allowing these DVDs to be rented out through services like ours. The purchase terms dictate for "home use only" and we can't acquire any of these films through our DVD vendors.
>
> Hopefully soon!
> ---------------------------------

Wow, I didn't know WB was being such a bunch of dicks about these! Bad enough they're trying to gouge people 20 bucks a disc for these titles, and they won't even let them be rented...

Now I know why *some* people download torrents :>
Cinenaut
post #6  on September 1, 2009 - 9:44 AM PDT  
> On August 31, 2009 - 3:05 PM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> {{cry}} :-(
>
> I may have to go down to WB's office myself to see if I can shake my fist at them in person. (Well, at least those of us who are Urgh fans can buy that one!)
> ---------------------------------

Yeah, for $19.95, I should just buy it. Wait... their plan is working! Dammit.

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.