GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
Anime
Discuss all topics related to anime.
561

Personal fave/disfave Anime characters. Who sticks out? And why? why?? why??!
Topic by: DBooher
Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:40 AM PDT
Last Reply: July 5, 2004 - 9:41 PM PDT

page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10      prev | next
author topic: Personal fave/disfave Anime characters. Who sticks out? And why? why?? why??!
sinisterguffaw
post #161  on June 4, 2004 - 11:12 AM PDT  
I've been wanting to see that one pretty badly.

As a friend of fan-service, I feel obligated to discover what secrets lie within this particular digital versatile (or video) disc. Call it a "moral imperative."

So you bought it for pretty cheap? Did you order it or did you buy it retail?
jstack
post #162  on June 4, 2004 - 11:59 AM PDT  
> On June 4, 2004 - 11:12 AM PDT sinisterguffaw wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I've been wanting to see that one pretty badly.
>
> As a friend of fan-service, I feel obligated to discover what secrets lie within this particular digital versatile (or video) disc. Call it a "moral imperative."
>
> So you bought it for pretty cheap? Did you order it or did you buy it retail?
> ---------------------------------

I ordered it on DeepDiscountDVD for $14.99. When I say cheap I of course mean relative to most other anime titles.
NLee
post #163  on June 6, 2004 - 7:40 AM PDT  
By popular request, I have added Golden Boy to my list on Fan-Service Animes. My review just went up, too.
hamano
post #164  on June 6, 2004 - 8:53 AM PDT  
Ha, I've had Golden Boy on my Harem Anime List since August last year! A little too much toilet hugging, but it's a sweet series. My favorite episode was the one with the handsome swindler and the Udon noodle restaurant girl.

That anime-within-anime they put together at the end looked pretty lame, though...
NLee
post #165  on June 6, 2004 - 3:48 PM PDT  
> On June 6, 2004 - 8:53 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Ha, I've had Golden Boy on my Harem Anime List since August last year!

Strange you should called Kintaro a "serial haremizer". Isn't that a contradiction? No to mention that he never actually had sex with any of those sexy ladies.

> My favorite episode was the one with the handsome swindler and the Udon noodle restaurant girl.

Episode#3 is a feel-good story where Kintaro really shines as a noble person. He showed no lust towards the innocent girl, yet he went through great pain to protect her from the swindler. It is also a rare episode where Kintaro didn't hug the toilet.

> That anime-within-anime they put together at the end looked pretty lame, though...

Episode#6 is yet another feel-good story. I thought it is fine. But then again, I have a soft spot for behind-the-stage stories. Some of the images look like they were photographs taken in an actual production studio. The production team probably got a good laugh at themselves.
jross3
post #166  on June 6, 2004 - 5:50 PM PDT  
> It is also a rare episode where Kintaro didn't hug the toilet.

I may have to rent this just to figure out what you're talking about here. Does he have some weird toilet issues? I wonder, woud you see a shrink or a pharmacist to take care of that (or maybe both?)?
markhl
post #167  on June 6, 2004 - 8:37 PM PDT  
> On June 6, 2004 - 5:50 PM PDT jross3 wrote:
> I may have to rent this just to figure out what you're talking about here. Does he have some weird toilet issues?

he could be just a hopeless drunk who can't handle his liquor...
NLee
post #168  on June 6, 2004 - 10:03 PM PDT  
> On June 6, 2004 - 5:50 PM PDT jross3 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > It is also a rare episode where Kintaro didn't hug the toilet.
>
> I may have to rent this just to figure out what you're talking about here.
> ---------------------------------

(Psst... read my review and you should be able to figure it out)
hamano
post #169  on June 7, 2004 - 7:26 AM PDT  
> On June 6, 2004 - 3:48 PM PDT NLee wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On June 6, 2004 - 8:53 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Ha, I've had Golden Boy on my Harem Anime List since August last year!
>
> Strange you should called Kintaro a "serial haremizer". Isn't that a contradiction? No to mention that he never actually had sex with any of those sexy ladies.

I thought of him as one of these anime nice-guys like the usual harem-genre nerd-with-a-chivalrous-heart-of-gold type personalities. I've never sat down and watched Tenchi, but if the lead geek from Ah, My Goddess or Hand Maid May ever went on the road and met beautiful girls one at a time, instead of collecting a "family" of them in his house, you'd probably get something like Golden Boy (and the girls DO appear in one place at the end...) And the guys in those harem anime shows are almost universally chaste and virginal, even if they DO think about sex a lot and get nosebleeds.

Kintaro is sort of an Arthurian hero. Like one of the knights of the round table, he's travelling on a quest. Along the way he helps maidens (well, some of them aren't exactly maidens!) in distress, then he gets under way on his quest again, he himself remaining pure and unsullied. I imagine the creators of Golden Boy were inspired at least a bit by the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, where Sir Galahad "the Chaste" is trapped in Castle Anthrax with Zoot and her maidens...

DINGO:
Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good spanking!

GIRLS:
A spanking! A spanking! There is going to be a spanking tonight!

DINGO:
And after the spanking, the oral sex.

GIRLS:
The oral sex! The oral sex!
hamano
post #170  on June 7, 2004 - 7:44 AM PDT  
> On June 6, 2004 - 10:03 PM PDT NLee wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On June 6, 2004 - 5:50 PM PDT jross3 wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > > It is also a rare episode where Kintaro didn't hug the toilet.
> > I may have to rent this just to figure out what you're talking about here.
> > ---------------------------------
> (Psst... read my review and you should be able to figure it out)
> ---------------------------------

NLee, I don't think we should reveal any more information about the toilet hugging without elaborate SPOILER warnings.... Well, except to reassure our dear readers that it has nothing to do with getting drunk and puking. markhl, why do you think they call him GOLDEN Boy???

I actually own all of Golden Boy... it's well worth the rental, even though Kintaro's seiyuu is the same guy who did the voice for Gan-chan the rat in the Mini-Goddess series. By the way, that's a mountain bike, not a BMX bike, right? Oh, this might be a better picture of Kintaro on his bike, depending on how you define "better"....
NLee
post #171  on June 7, 2004 - 8:07 AM PDT  
> On June 7, 2004 - 7:44 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
By the way, that's a mountain bike, not a BMX bike, right?
> ---------------------------------

Oh RATS! Now I have to recall my review and correct this mistake. Don't want to look like a fool who can't tell the difference between a mountain bike and a BMX bike, don't we?
hamano
post #172  on June 7, 2004 - 8:18 AM PDT  
Wouldn't it be awesomely funny to edit together bits of Kintaro on his bike and Takumi from Initial D to make a mountain racing video?
NLee
post #173  on June 7, 2004 - 8:44 AM PDT  
> On June 7, 2004 - 8:18 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Wouldn't it be awesomely funny to edit together bits of Kintaro on his bike and Takumi from Initial D to make a mountain racing video?
> ---------------------------------

Forget about Kintaro and Takumi! I wanna see more of that sexy woman from episode 5 riding on her Beanie(?), and have a race with what's-her-name from You're Under Arrest!
SonjaBlue
post #174  on June 7, 2004 - 11:53 AM PDT  
[Malfeis]: wOW! tHiS NleE GuY geTs ARouNd , dOesN't hE? HiYa, eVeRyBodY! ThIS iS MaLFeIs, bUt YoU CaN CaLL mE "mAL" -- i doN'T sTanD oN ceReMony.

oUr DeAr LaDy, SOnJa BLuE Is cAtChing UP On hEr BeauTY sLeeP. YEaH, RIghT! LiKE SHe NeedS It fOr tHat...SHe CaN bE sUcH a GRoUch dUrINg tHe dAy , huH?

AnYwAy! i KNoW thAT If ShE werE aWaKE, she'D WaNT YOu To KnoW thAT ouR LiTtlE GtM (GuEss ThAt MOviE> gAMe iS oN foR THis fRIdaY.

alL ArE WelCOme...HoPE tO seE yOU TheRe (iT's aT OnE oF SonJA's PLacEs). OPen InViteS!

oH! YoU NeeDN't wORRy AboUt YOur sOul...i maY Be a dEmOn & A bIT Of a SLy DeVIl , bUt i'M MorE AFForDabLE THan thAT.
jstack
post #175  on June 7, 2004 - 12:18 PM PDT  
> On June 7, 2004 - 11:53 AM PDT SonjaBlue wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> [Malfeis]: wOW! tHiS NleE GuY geTs ARouNd , dOesN't hE? HiYa, eVeRyBodY! ThIS iS MaLFeIs, bUt YoU CaN CaLL mE "mAL" -- i doN'T sTanD oN ceReMony.
>
> oUr DeAr LaDy, SOnJa BLuE Is cAtChing UP On hEr BeauTY sLeeP. YEaH, RIghT! LiKE SHe NeedS It fOr tHat...SHe CaN bE sUcH a GRoUch dUrINg tHe dAy , huH?
>
> AnYwAy! i KNoW thAT If ShE werE aWaKE, she'D WaNT YOu To KnoW thAT ouR LiTtlE GtM (GuEss ThAt MOviE> gAMe iS oN foR THis fRIdaY.
>
> alL ArE WelCOme...HoPE tO seE yOU TheRe (iT's aT OnE oF SonJA's PLacEs). OPen InViteS!
>
> oH! YoU NeeDN't wORRy AboUt YOur sOul...i maY Be a dEmOn & A bIT Of a SLy DeVIl , bUt i'M MorE AFForDabLE THan thAT.
> ---------------------------------

I hope this was done with some kind of a random character case generator, because if not then you need something to do bad!!!
sinisterguffaw
post #176  on June 7, 2004 - 4:33 PM PDT  
looks to me like she found something to do. bad.

I think every pokemon character needs to be obliterated.
SonjaBlue
post #177  on June 7, 2004 - 9:11 PM PDT  
> [Malfeis]: ...SHe CaN bE sUcH a GRoUch dUrINg tHe dAy , huH?
>
> AnYwAy! i KNoW thAT If ShE werE aWaKE, she'D WaNT YOu To KnoW thAT ouR LiTtlE GtM (GuEss ThAt MOviE> gAMe iS oN foR THis fRIdaY...
> ---------------------------------

What the f*ck is this? Looks like Malfeis has some explaining to do...
DBooher
post #178  on June 7, 2004 - 11:21 PM PDT  
> On June 7, 2004 - 9:11 PM PDT SonjaBlue wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > [Malfeis]: ...SHe CaN bE sUcH a GRoUch dUrINg tHe dAy , huH?
> >
> > AnYwAy! i KNoW thAT If ShE werE aWaKE, she'D WaNT YOu To KnoW thAT ouR LiTtlE GtM (GuEss ThAt MOviE> gAMe iS oN foR THis fRIdaY...
> > ---------------------------------
>
> What the f*ck is this? Looks like Malfeis has some explaining to do...
> ---------------------------------

LMAO!
sinisterguffaw
post #179  on June 8, 2004 - 4:17 PM PDT  
> On June 7, 2004 - 8:18 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Wouldn't it be awesomely funny to edit together bits of Kintaro on his bike and Takumi from Initial D to make a mountain racing video?
> ---------------------------------

Having just seen Mouse, I'd like to say that he (Mouse) is right up there with Kintaro as far as cool goes.
jstack
post #180  on June 9, 2004 - 6:38 AM PDT  
> On June 8, 2004 - 4:17 PM PDT sinisterguffaw wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On June 7, 2004 - 8:18 AM PDT hamano wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Wouldn't it be awesomely funny to edit together bits of Kintaro on his bike and Takumi from Initial D to make a mountain racing video?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Having just seen Mouse, I'd like to say that he (Mouse) is right up there with Kintaro as far as cool goes.
> ---------------------------------

*** MINOR SPOILERS, BUT NOT REALLY***

I would have to argue this one. While it is true that he is living out every lecher's dream, he is just not that cool. Kintaro was a genuine and warm hearted character who just happened to have a toilet fetish, but who had other redeeming qualities. He earned the respect of the women he was around and then hit the road having them want for more. Mouse seems to me like he is taking advantage of women who have had very substandard upbringings and who gravitate toward the wrong kind of relationships. This is one of those shows that actually would have made a better hentai as it would have been more believable. I mean really... what single male could have so many attractive submissive women throwing themselves at you day in and day out and not act on it every chance he got. That is just not cool!
page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.