GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
Home Releases
General discussion about what's out for the couch.
274

Erotic/Adult film directed by women
Topic by: doozer
Posted: August 27, 2007 - 10:28 AM PDT
Last Reply: May 7, 2010 - 11:08 PM PDT

page  1  2  3  4  5      prev | next
author topic: Erotic/Adult film directed by women
NLee
post #61  on September 7, 2007 - 6:54 AM PDT  
> On September 7, 2007 - 12:02 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> >
> > Hey, I'll have you know, my brain isn't that small. :P
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Right, like NLee would ever be interested in someone's brain.
> ---------------------------------

Unless we are all stuck inside a bad zombie movie, of course.

Honestly, it's not what you think. I was aiming for IronS's heart!
(But then I realized I got her confused with SonjaBlue).
woozy
post #62  on September 7, 2007 - 10:56 AM PDT  
> On September 7, 2007 - 6:54 AM PDT NLee wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On September 7, 2007 - 12:02 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > >
> > > Hey, I'll have you know, my brain isn't that small. :P
> > > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Right, like NLee would ever be interested in someone's brain.
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Unless we are all stuck inside a bad zombie movie, of course.
>
> Honestly, it's not what you think. I was aiming for IronS's heart!
> (But then I realized I got her confused with SonjaBlue).
> ---------------------------------

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to agree that there is nothing small about IronS' heart or brain. It's easy to get confused with Sonja Blue. Sometimes her allusions are far too clever for the likes of us.

Battie
post #63  on September 11, 2007 - 2:36 AM PDT  
I'd definitely suggest Eyes of Desire by Candida Royalle now. I kind of figured I'd have the same reaction as I did to the other two Royalle flicks I saw, but I didn't. The actors and actresses were relatively attractive and a scene in the middle was actually pretty hilarious. Chick (Chloe) walks in on her boyfriend/spouse dressed up her clothes, jewelry and make-up. Oi, who knew porn stars could have a sense of humor? XD

Plus, no one really looked like they were faking. X)


And now that I've got the desire to watch something raunchy (poor hentai didn't get picked, *patpat*) out of my system, back to regular movies!
IronS
post #64  on September 14, 2007 - 11:48 AM PDT  
> On September 3, 2007 - 2:39 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Are you looking forward to Making Money?
>
> ---------------------------------

Terry Pratchett's only Bay Area signing is at Kepler's in Menlo Park on Tuesday, 9/25.
woozy
post #65  on September 15, 2007 - 12:28 AM PDT  
> On September 14, 2007 - 11:48 AM PDT IronS wrote:
> ---------------------------------
>> Terry Pratchett's only Bay Area signing is at Kepler's in Menlo Park on Tuesday, 9/25.
> ---------------------------------

Got fed up with us, did he?

The book is out Tues.

Battie
post #66  on September 18, 2007 - 7:43 PM PDT  
So I finally figured out why I can't enjoy 99.9999% of pr0n. Well, not so much figured out...

I taped this CNN program (which mostly sucked, save for the rabbi) a few weeks ago called Sex, Greed & God. They had this rabbi on the show (he wrote Shalom in the Home) and pitted him against a porn star and a guy who turned 12 grand into 2mil. Well, when the rabbi got to discussing porn, he talked about dignity. He put into words what always put me off about pr0n. :D There is no dignity in it, especially when it comes to women.

Of course, this is where someone could pop up and say 'It's hard to have sex and keep your dignity' (a bit like what the angel in Dogma said), but that's not quite the dignity I'm talking about.

*whistles* Some of Royalle's actresses do a fairly good job of it, though. However, if anyone ever tries to make me watch something like..."Creampies"...I will stab them in the eye with a really hot french fry. X)
NLee
post #67  on September 19, 2007 - 7:39 AM PDT  
> On September 18, 2007 - 7:43 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> So I finally figured out why I can't enjoy 99.9999% of pr0n. Well, not so much figured out...
>
> I taped this CNN program (which mostly sucked, save for the rabbi) a few weeks ago called Sex, Greed & God. They had this rabbi on the show (he wrote Shalom in the Home) and pitted him against a porn star and a guy who turned 12 grand into 2mil. Well, when the rabbi got to discussing porn, he talked about dignity. He put into words what always put me off about pr0n. :D There is no dignity in it, especially when it comes to women.
> ---------------------------------

So Battie, after watching dozens (if not hundreds) of pron movies, you actually need a rabbi on CNN to tell you that "There is no dignity in it"?

What's next? A priest appearing on Oprah to tell us that Profressional Wrestling is staged?
Battie
post #68  on September 19, 2007 - 9:27 AM PDT  
> On September 19, 2007 - 7:39 AM PDT NLee wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> So Battie, after watching dozens (if not hundreds) of pron movies, you actually need a rabbi on CNN to tell you that "There is no dignity in it"?
>
> What's next? A priest appearing on Oprah to tell us that Profressional Wrestling is staged?
> ---------------------------------

*rolls eyes* I meant that I'd never been able to figure out why I didn't like it. The exact words. *smacks NLee on the back of the head* I always just knew something about pr0n left me feeling disgusted. X)

And I don't mean dignity in general, I mean specifically, a woman's dignity. I've seen a few things that really made me wonder why any woman would reduce herself to being treated like that. And no, it's not the inner feminist screeching this time. I just don't quite understand it. Eyes of Desire, I can get that one. They were getting paid AND enjoying themselves. But um..most pron don't seem to have that aspect of it. The woman might as well be a blow-up doll. :P


Now, if you were trying to suggest I haven't seen much pron...You'd be (unfortunately for me) wrong. Teenagers + internet = ....


I thought the rabbi was fairly amusing. Made the Southern Baptist look like a dour old fool...and SB's are usually hellraising, hallelujah type of folk. XD Okay, heaven-raising, but it often SOUNDS like hellraising. Noisy buggers.
NLee
post #69  on September 19, 2007 - 6:45 PM PDT  
This is so unfair. I just found out that Amazon.com has all the Candida Royalle's titles available for sale.
Plus you can also find several dozens of Nina Hartley's 'Guide' DVD. But you cannot get any of those Andrew Blake's titles there. How come hardcore pron movies directed by women are classified under "Arts/Erotica", while those directed by men are just filth?
Catullus
post #70  on September 19, 2007 - 11:55 PM PDT  
"*whistles* Some of Royalle's actresses do a fairly good job of it, though. However, if anyone ever tries to make me watch something like..."Creampies"...I will stab them in the eye with a really hot french fry. X)"

LOL who forces anyone to watch pron?
I personally prefer to watch my pron alone.
woozy
post #71  on September 20, 2007 - 12:57 AM PDT  
> On September 19, 2007 - 11:55 PM PDT Catullus wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> "*whistles* Some of Royalle's actresses do a fairly good job of it, though. However, if anyone ever tries to make me watch something like..."Creampies"...I will stab them in the eye with a really hot french fry. X)"
>
Battie's recent tendency toward violent reactions is becoming disturbing to me. Not that said attempter wouldn't deserve it. (Not that I have any idea what "Creampies" is but ... sheesh ... One can imagine.)

> LOL who forces anyone to watch pron?

Our own inner demons force each of us. Damn the bastards! My eyes will never be clean again.

> I personally prefer to watch my pron alone.
> ---------------------------------

It's best that way. For every one.

Battie
post #72  on September 20, 2007 - 6:31 AM PDT  
> On September 20, 2007 - 12:57 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Battie's recent tendency toward violent reactions is becoming disturbing to me. Not that said attempter wouldn't deserve it. (Not that I have any idea what "Creampies" is but ... sheesh ... One can imagine.)
>

Recent? Recent? Man, everyone who knows me knows my violent tendencies. You must wear rose-colored glasses a lot. XD

> > LOL who forces anyone to watch pron?
>

Ah..No one has forced or tried to force me...But I know some girls with stories. <_<

> Our own inner demons force each of us. Damn the bastards! My eyes will never be clean again.
>

Try bleach. Works for me!
Battie
post #73  on September 20, 2007 - 6:32 AM PDT  
> On September 19, 2007 - 6:45 PM PDT NLee wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> This is so unfair. I just found out that Amazon.com has all the Candida Royalle's titles available for sale.
> Plus you can also find several dozens of Nina Hartley's 'Guide' DVD. But you cannot get any of those Andrew Blake's titles there. How come hardcore pron movies directed by women are classified under "Arts/Erotica", while those directed by men are just filth?
> ---------------------------------

This is because women automatically have a refined sense of what is erotic/sensual. Meanwhile, men just like it as dirty as it gets.

*snickers sarcastically at NLee*
Catullus
post #74  on September 20, 2007 - 12:08 PM PDT  
> On September 20, 2007 - 6:32 AM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
Meanwhile, men just like it as dirty as it gets.
> ---------------------------------

I would completely disagree with you but we both know id be lying. I dont know about as dirty as it gets, there is stuff out there I really dont like to see, but its also true soft porn in the missionary position with static camera angle is about as boring as it gets. So with most men to a certain degree we definitely want our porn "dirty" as it were.

As for reasons why I dont really know, from my personal experience I know I want 2 completely different things from a woman irl that are somewhat contradictory.
1) a wife/girlfriend that we can keep "pure"
2) a mistress/FB that we can do all the "dirty" stuff that we want to

I think thats why we watch porn obviously not for purity but to satiate the #2 need that id swear most guys have. Probably why married guys dont want to give up porn.

Although to my knowledge there are some lucky guys out there who have 1 and 2 in the same girl.

Just my 2c and maybe it opens the topic up more into debate?
woozy
post #75  on September 20, 2007 - 12:50 PM PDT  
> On September 20, 2007 - 6:31 AM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> >
>> > Our own inner demons force each of us. Damn the bastards! My eyes will never be clean again.
> >
>
> Try bleach. Works for me!
>
> ---------------------------------

Okay, I'll try it....

hey.... OW!!!! *WHAT THE*!*! Hey!!!...



> On September 20, 2007 - 12:08 PM PDT Catullus wrote:
>
> there is stuff out there I really dont like to see, but its also true soft porn in the missionary position with static camera angle is about as boring as it gets.

What neither porn viewers nor porn makers get is we don't want to see sex, we want to see sexy. Sex is only sexy to people engaged in it. If it weren't for the thrill of seeing the forbidden, it'd be pretty clear sex isn't a spectator sport.
underdog
post #76  on September 20, 2007 - 1:26 PM PDT  
Battie, your point from that CNN show was interesting. I've been thinking about this, too. Do you think there's also clearly a palpable difference between today's porn - which is much more niche oriented - and "classic" porn (70s/80s) which was more story-oriented...? I won't disparage one over the other but what kind of bothers me about a lot of adult films today is that, besides often being lazy, because they can be, they play up the "nasty" over the sexy. And I don't mean "dirty" in the giggly, erotic kind of dirty, but this almost mean-spirited or angry sex that probably turns some people on but turns me off completely. It may be a reflection of our culture, our society as a whole these days. It's all much more cynical, self-oriented and angry.

There's also a lot of porn cinematographers who think extreme close-ups are sexy. (Hey, DP, this is a movie, not a gynecologist's training film!)

These are two things I liked about the two Canidida Royalle films I watched - they weren't angry, and there weren't a lot of extreme close-ups.
Battie
post #77  on September 20, 2007 - 6:15 PM PDT  
> On September 20, 2007 - 12:08 PM PDT Catullus wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I would completely disagree with you but we both know id be lying. I dont know about as dirty as it gets, there is stuff out there I really dont like to see, but its also true soft porn in the missionary position with static camera angle is about as boring as it gets. So with most men to a certain degree we definitely want our porn "dirty" as it were.
>

I was rolling my eyes when I posted that. Though I do think more men (especially more than women) prefer dirty over "boring."

> As for reasons why I dont really know, from my personal experience I know I want 2 completely different things from a woman irl that are somewhat contradictory.
> 1) a wife/girlfriend that we can keep "pure"
> 2) a mistress/FB that we can do all the "dirty" stuff that we want to
>

Ever hear the song Two Girls by Paranoid Social Club?

> I think thats why we watch porn obviously not for purity but to satiate the #2 need that id swear most guys have. Probably why married guys dont want to give up porn.
>
> Although to my knowledge there are some lucky guys out there who have 1 and 2 in the same girl.
>
> Just my 2c and maybe it opens the topic up more into debate?
> ---------------------------------

I'm not entirely sure I'd be comfortable with my (should I ever marry) husband watching porn. It's one thing for him to look at another woman and think, "She's hot." It's even expected he'll have fantasies that don't involve me. Buut..something about him watching porn would put me off. Maybe because I'm usually not exactly boring when it comes to the bedroom, or maybe because the idea of him focusing so much of his sexuality on another woman disturbs me. Or both.

It's akin to him cybering someone online. No real 'adultery' occurs in the strictest sense, but he starts getting his kicks from someone else.
Battie
post #78  on September 20, 2007 - 6:29 PM PDT  
> On September 20, 2007 - 1:26 PM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Battie, your point from that CNN show was interesting. I've been thinking about this, too. Do you think there's also clearly a palpable difference between today's porn - which is much more niche oriented - and "classic" porn (70s/80s) which was more story-oriented...? I won't disparage one over the other but what kind of bothers me about a lot of adult films today is that, besides often being lazy, because they can be, they play up the "nasty" over the sexy. And I don't mean "dirty" in the giggly, erotic kind of dirty, but this almost mean-spirited or angry sex that probably turns some people on but turns me off completely. It may be a reflection of our culture, our society as a whole these days. It's all much more cynical, self-oriented and angry.
>

I haven't seen enough 70s/80's porn to know for sure (I imagine there were niche films back then that resemble mainstream films now), but it does seem that porn in general is more mean-spirited. That's kind of what I meant by dignity...there's often very little sense that the women are human beings. How can they be when they're starring in a film called 'Ass Whores IV'?

I expect that it's both a reflection of our culture (look at how sex is treated in mainstream films...quite a bit of it, while not necessarily angry - A History of Violence aside - does tend to fall into unromantic situations, or situations in which the characters don't feel particularly connected). Sex in the City, imo, would be a good example. Sex for the sake of sex (and this is the reality outside of film, as well).

Even in 80's slasher flicks where you got gutted for sex often had the two characters in some kind of romantic relationship.

I've been reading various things, watching documentaries...and I've kind of come to a conclusion. When our society began focusing totally on the self, dumping ideals like duty both as old and as foolish, we lost some of the ideas that inspired the 60's. How do you get people to march for civil rights if they're only concerned with what affects them? It's become more and more about 'me, me, me' to the point that we end up with what we have now. I wonder if maybe the rise of violence in the US also has a little bit of hand up from the loss of dignity and respect in our culture.

I suppose that's why I prefer hentai over porn...No real women involved. However, that's not to say it excuses my willingness to watch animated women be treated like blowup dolls.. >_>

> There's also a lot of porn cinematographers who think extreme close-ups are sexy. (Hey, DP, this is a movie, not a gynecologist's training film!)
>

*grins* That started with the whole idea of 'proof' that the two people were gettin' it on. X)

I don't understand the ah..'sticky' proof side of close-ups.

> These are two things I liked about the two Canidida Royalle films I watched - they weren't angry, and there weren't a lot of extreme close-ups.
> ---------------------------------

Which ones did you see?
Catullus
post #79  on September 20, 2007 - 11:29 PM PDT  
> On September 20, 2007 - 6:15 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Ever hear the song Two Girls by Paranoid Social Club?

> I'm not entirely sure I'd be comfortable with my (should I ever marry) husband watching porn. It's one thing for him to look at another woman and think, "She's hot." It's even expected he'll have fantasies that don't involve me. Buut..something about him watching porn would put me off. Maybe because I'm usually not exactly boring when it comes to the bedroom, or maybe because the idea of him focusing so much of his sexuality on another woman disturbs me. Or both.
>
> It's akin to him cybering someone online. No real 'adultery' occurs in the strictest sense, but he starts getting his kicks from someone else.
> ---------------------------------

to the first question, no i haven't heard that song or even of that group

to the comment you made well lets just say this... better hes looking at pron than having sex with someone else. I mean good luck finding a guy who doesn't look at pron when they are in a relationship and or doesn't cheat or anything else like that. I mean you might think you found that guy but then you get on his computer and see 3 Terrabytes of porn on his hd and by that time its too late.

In the grand scheme of things casual pron watching should be nothing to worry about... now if the guy is spending 5 hours a day downloading/watching/fapping to pron then thats something to be concerned over.

But probably the majority of guys are like me who spend like an hour or two MAX a week looking at pron. Many times I go a week or more without seeing any pornographic material.

Heh thats more personal than I really wanted to get but honestly I dont even track the time I spend doing it so I can't get any more specific than that.
Battie
post #80  on September 21, 2007 - 2:42 AM PDT  
> On September 20, 2007 - 11:29 PM PDT Catullus wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> to the first question, no i haven't heard that song or even of that group
>

The gist of it goes something like this: I need two girls if I can't have you. One I can take home to mom, the other with legs open and long.

That's from memory. :P

> to the comment you made well lets just say this... better hes looking at pron than having sex with someone else. I mean good luck finding a guy who doesn't look at pron when they are in a relationship and or doesn't cheat or anything else like that. I mean you might think you found that guy but then you get on his computer and see 3 Terrabytes of porn on his hd and by that time its too late.
>

We'll see. :P I guess it might be hypocritical of me. I won't be giving up my Dieux du Stade calendars, or any of the movies starring the men I regularly 'think' about. XD

> In the grand scheme of things casual pron watching should be nothing to worry about... now if the guy is spending 5 hours a day downloading/watching/fapping to pron then thats something to be concerned over.
>
> But probably the majority of guys are like me who spend like an hour or two MAX a week looking at pron. Many times I go a week or more without seeing any pornographic material.
>
> Heh thats more personal than I really wanted to get but honestly I dont even track the time I spend doing it so I can't get any more specific than that.
> ---------------------------------

Lmfao.
page  1  2  3  4  5      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.