GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
TV
By popular demand, a forum devoted to Mr. Philo T. Farnsworth's remarkable invention.
93

Lost - SEASON 4
Topic by: troublemaker
Posted: January 31, 2008 - 5:22 PM PST
Last Reply: September 9, 2008 - 4:32 PM PDT

page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7      prev | next
author topic: Lost - SEASON 4
troublemaker
post #21  on February 8, 2008 - 12:18 PM PST  
After seeing Rescue Dawn, I can comfortably say that Jeremy Davies is the new Steve Buschemi -- even if only based on pure creepiness qualities alone. Haha. It really is exciting to see the program pull in all these great actors. I also like the addition of Ken Leung in a roll that let's him speak instead of acting like a faceless asian gangster.

But yeah, this episode seemed to more or less confirm a time travel aspect to the show. Also, I guess we could say ghosts and spirits exists too?

So far as the 4-person team is concerned, we can say that:
1) They were going after Ben.
2) Ben was already aware of these plans.
3) They were willing to gas the island if necessary..

They only touched on it briefly, but it also looks like Hurley's ability to see Jacob/cabin will come into play in later episodes.

The smoke part cracked me up too. Foolish me for a split second actually thought they'd reveal that. Of course not.
underdog
post #22  on February 8, 2008 - 3:35 PM PST  
I had a "WTF?!" reaction a few times to last night's (I don't actually say "WTF" - I spell it out, just for the record) and feel like I need to see it again just to fully grasp it all, as they threw a lot at us. But it was great, setting things up and answering a few things, as is the show's wont. But it was a great episode. Certainly one of the show's craziest.

I like seeing Jeremy Davies, too - although I was afraid he was going to lapse into his typically off-kilter goofball straight off (he was memorable in Rescue Dawn, but can get a bit hammy and "out there" when playing crazies). He and Leung are perfect for this, though.

So, I'm confused - who was the dead kid who's room he visited (as a psychic to help the mom feel at peace)? He steals the hidden money, gives a token piece of it to the boy's unwitting mother, so I thought this was just establishing quickly who he is. But is there a connection I missed, too?

troublemaker
post #23  on February 8, 2008 - 3:48 PM PST  
Speaking of spirits.. I could see something happening between the new "ghosthustler" character and Jacob in a future episode.

I really need to stop writing every little thought I have about the show, otherwise I'll go insane before next Thursday arrives.
troublemaker
post #24  on February 8, 2008 - 3:54 PM PST  
> On February 8, 2008 - 3:35 PM PST underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I had a "WTF?!" reaction a few times to last night's (I don't actually say "WTF" - I spell it out, just for the record) and feel like I need to see it again just to fully grasp it all, as they threw a lot at us. But it was great, setting things up and answering a few things, as is the show's wont. But it was a great episode. Certainly one of the show's craziest.
>
> I like seeing Jeremy Davies, too - although I was afraid he was going to lapse into his typically off-kilter goofball straight off (he was memorable in Rescue Dawn, but can get a bit hammy and "out there" when playing crazies). He and Leung are perfect for this, though.
>
> So, I'm confused - who was the dead kid who's room he visited (as a psychic to help the mom feel at peace)? He steals the hidden money, gives a token piece of it to the boy's unwitting mother, so I thought this was just establishing quickly who he is. But is there a connection I missed, too?
>
>
> ---------------------------------

You know, I thought they showed him taking the majority of the money to establish him as a somewhat unsavory character. It's going to be interesting to see how they play the new characters, whether they're just loosely connected to the events of everyone being on the island, or more deeply implicated. Of course this being Lost, I would maybe just have to opt for the latter.

But Underdog, I'm with you completely.. last night's episode was RIDICULOUS. My head's still spinning.
Cinenaut
post #25  on February 8, 2008 - 10:56 PM PST  
Ken Leung's character is interesting, because he's sort of a scarcastic, hard-ass psychic. Not the usual cliche, unless the psychic is a con man.

I didn't recognize the kid or the woman, so I don't know if there's any relationship. What was that device he had? A psychic Dust Devil?
underdog
post #26  on February 9, 2008 - 9:20 AM PST  
> On February 8, 2008 - 10:56 PM PST Cinenaut wrote:
> ---------------------------------
>
> I didn't recognize the kid or the woman, so I don't know if there's any relationship. What was that device he had? A psychic Dust Devil?
> ---------------------------------

I think it's a Red Herring machine.


doozer
post #27  on February 10, 2008 - 3:02 PM PST  
Has anybody noticed the title screen shown on previews for the show and whatnot, that the reflection in the water is not the island; however, it is buildings? Like a cityscape?


Is this new to the season or did I just miss it the first 2 for some reason?
Vanamonde
post #28  on February 10, 2008 - 9:23 PM PST  
> On February 9, 2008 - 9:20 AM PST underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On February 8, 2008 - 10:56 PM PST Cinenaut wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > I didn't recognize the kid or the woman, so I don't know if there's any relationship. What was that device he had? A psychic Dust Devil?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> I think it's a Red Herring machine.
>
HA! Some right - that was just a small potable. The staff of Lost have huge one they use, shutdown for now, but waiting to be reactivated as soon as the Writer's Guild Strike is over.

I love that - Red Herring machine, indeed!
Cinenaut
post #29  on February 11, 2008 - 8:30 AM PST  
I noticed that, too! I think it must be new, but I don't know for sure.

> On February 10, 2008 - 3:02 PM PST doozer wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Has anybody noticed the title screen shown on previews for the show and whatnot, that the reflection in the water is not the island; however, it is buildings? Like a cityscape?
>
>
> Is this new to the season or did I just miss it the first 2 for some reason?
> ---------------------------------

Vanamonde
post #30  on February 11, 2008 - 8:30 PM PST  
And wasn't that a major break in continuity to show the whole wreckage of the plane at 5000 meter on the ocean floor when we have pieces of it scatter all over the Island in the beginning?

I hate "Lost", I love "Lost", I can't miss "Lost" but I better never be another with a writer from "Lost".

But the actiing is soooo good. It deserves piles of Emmies for acting and mind control.

And a Lifetime Razzlie for the most manipulative story EVER.
troublemaker
post #31  on February 12, 2008 - 9:48 PM PST  
Woohoo!

Lost showrunner Carlton Cuse says the fourth season of his acclaimed sci-fi drama will be no more than 13 episodes this season, cut down from an order of 16 due to the writers strike expected to end today.

Eight episodes were scripted before the strike. Cuse hopes to produce five more to air this spring.



Slightly bittersweet but with much more emphasis on the sweet. Anyway, what am I saying. I'm taking all that I can get!

Cinenaut
post #32  on February 13, 2008 - 8:52 AM PST  
At least now maybe they'll have a chance to adjust the plotline to fit the shorter season. Now let's hope the actors don't go on strike.

Oh, the city reflection in the ad must refer to the Oceanic 6 being back in civilization. Check it out.
Cinenaut
post #33  on February 15, 2008 - 8:30 AM PST  
Was that the voice of Jack's dad in the last scene as Sayid was being patched up at the vet's? It sounded like Jack's dad, and then they showed Ben and Ben had his normal Ben voice.
AstroAppa
post #34  on February 16, 2008 - 12:35 AM PST  
> On February 15, 2008 - 8:30 AM PST Cinenaut wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Was that the voice of Jack's dad in the last scene as Sayid was being patched up at the vet's? It sounded like Jack's dad, and then they showed Ben and Ben had his normal Ben voice.
> ---------------------------------

yeah, I thought it sounded a lot like him too. Also, did you guys notice that jacob's shadow looked like Jack's dad in the scene where Hurley peeks into the cabin?
Cinenaut
post #35  on February 16, 2008 - 1:32 PM PST  
I watched the end of the episode again online and they had just cheated and lowered the tone of Ben's voice, until you see his face.

I was expecting it to be Jack's dad, because I was assuming that a veterinary clinic might be just the place for a doctor to hide out.

Of course, that's making the leap that Christian is still alive.
Cinenaut
post #36  on February 19, 2008 - 8:16 AM PST  
I just watched Great World of Sound last night, and I didn't realize that the character of Pam was played by the same actress who plays Charlotte on Lost (the archaeologist that just arrived on the island), Rebecca Mader. It wasn't a major role, but I didn't recognize her at all for some reason.

Great World of Sound is a nice cautionary tale for musicians and job seekers in general.
AstroAppa
post #37  on February 28, 2008 - 10:32 PM PST  
i love desmond episodes! todays was great!
troublemaker
post #38  on February 29, 2008 - 3:37 PM PST  
I fully agree! Dare I say it was my favorite episode of the season thus far?

Time-travel via one's consciousness?! Oh Lost writers, you guys freakin kill me. I love the pace of the episodes this season, even if as things are revealed 2 questions pop-up in its place.. it's just been so great.

So is it safe to say that Daniel the physicist has been stuck in a time loop himself?
Vanamonde
post #39  on February 29, 2008 - 9:24 PM PST  
> On February 28, 2008 - 10:32 PM PST AstroAppa wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> i love desmond episodes! todays was great!
> ---------------------------------

I agree! This is one of my favorites, even if Kurt Vonnegut created the "unstuck in time" syndrome years ago with "Slaughterhouse Five". And that was one of the best movie ever made from a book that I ever saw.

But back to "Lost" - if there ever is "time travel", sending consciousness instead of the actual matter actually make MORE sense to me in a strange quantum mechanical way. I really don't understand why. I cannot due the math to collape probabiliy waveforms or even algebra let allow n-dimensional calculus and string theory, etc.

But the drama was the thing. It moved me. It is the characters and the acting that keep me addicted hopelessly to this strangeness. The charm is technicolored, Mr. Higgs
Cinenaut
post #40  on March 1, 2008 - 12:54 PM PST  
I was going to say, Desmond went all Billy Pilgrim on us. I thought that was a great episode, too!

I wonder if Fisher Stevens will pop up again in the past or future? If not, that was a pretty small cameo.
page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.