GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
Anime
Discuss all topics related to anime.
561

Which anime character would you choose?
Topic by: Catullus
Posted: September 2, 2005 - 9:50 PM PDT
Last Reply: September 15, 2005 - 9:30 AM PDT

page  1  2  3  4  5      prev | next
author topic: Which anime character would you choose?
shiori308
post #21  on September 6, 2005 - 8:31 PM PDT  
I'm having too much fun with this.
woozy
post #22  on September 6, 2005 - 10:27 PM PDT  
>... and she has a knight inside her every episode...oops, no pun inteded.

... giggle ... you are *sooooo* cute!
>
> Who am I kidding if I lived in a world where I could make out with InuYasha, Miroku or Sesshomaru I would do it in a minute so I wouldn't mind being any of those respective ladies.
>
Sesshomaru I get. And though I seem to have a genetic hatred for the straight-hair pretty boy fops like Miroku I've gotten pretty used to the fact that women frequently are irritatingly attracted to this. But I don't get Inu Yasha. Actually he reminds me of the children of the divorced women in my teacher training courses. It was wierd. Two thirds of my classmates in my classes were 35 -45 year-old divorced women with siblingless 15-year old beach bum sons whom the mothers were beginning to consider giving up on dating to make their sons the men in their lives. I personally just wanted to smack all those snots on general principals and tell them they can date after they get a bachelor's degree. But that decission wasn't up to me.
woozy
post #23  on September 7, 2005 - 10:01 AM PDT  
>.. But I don't get Inu Yasha. Actually he reminds me of the children ...

BTW, the above is *not* meant as criticism to shiori, IronS, or shiori's niece who would make out with him in a minute/toes curl at the sight of him/love him and wish he were real. I'm just curious about hearing what they love about him... Gimme the dirt, girl to girl.

Or in my mail or 'nother thread.
markhl
post #24  on September 7, 2005 - 2:36 PM PDT  
> On September 7, 2005 - 10:01 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> >.. But I don't get Inu Yasha.


It's simple.
Reason 1) The dog ears
Reason 2) The fact that she can get him to "sit" at their whim

:)
Battie
post #25  on September 8, 2005 - 4:01 PM PDT  
> On September 6, 2005 - 8:28 PM PDT shiori308 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Hmmm, maybe Himeno from Pretear she gets to hang around with two beautiful men that adore her, her father married into wealth but not the shallow kind, she is always happy, has magical powers, wears really cool outfits, and she has a knight inside her every episode...oops, no pun inteded.
> ---------------------------------

When did you become a fan of Pretear?
Battie
post #26  on September 8, 2005 - 4:03 PM PDT  
> On September 7, 2005 - 2:36 PM PDT markhl wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On September 7, 2005 - 10:01 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> > >.. But I don't get Inu Yasha.
>
>
> It's simple.
> Reason 1) The dog ears
> Reason 2) The fact that she can get him to "sit" at their whim
>
> :)
> ---------------------------------

My, my, markhl. You know women so very well. Bet you have great dates, huh?
markhl
post #27  on September 8, 2005 - 4:10 PM PDT  
> On September 8, 2005 - 4:03 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> My, my, markhl. You know women so very well. Bet you have great dates, huh?


Women. Can't live with 'em... Pass the Beernuts.
shiori308
post #28  on September 8, 2005 - 5:52 PM PDT  
> On September 8, 2005 - 4:01 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On September 6, 2005 - 8:28 PM PDT shiori308 wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Hmmm, maybe Himeno from Pretear she gets to hang around with two beautiful men that adore her, her father married into wealth but not the shallow kind, she is always happy, has magical powers, wears really cool outfits, and she has a knight inside her every episode...oops, no pun inteded.
> > ---------------------------------
>
> When did you become a fan of Pretear?
> ---------------------------------


I mentioned something in the guilty pleasures thread after you had mentioned it.
shiori308
post #29  on September 8, 2005 - 5:54 PM PDT  
> On September 7, 2005 - 10:01 AM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
I'm just curious about hearing what they love about him... Gimme the dirt, girl to girl.

> ---------------------------------

Inu Yasha was my first real obsession over an anime series. Before InuYasha I just kind of watched anime just because. But I have a pattern of falling for difficult men who give their love in little pieces throughout a series. If they madly love from the very beginning I get a little turned off but when a heroine turns someone from big tough guy to big tough guy who only reveals his softiness (ha made up word!) to her then I get all hot and bothered
woozy
post #30  on September 8, 2005 - 7:12 PM PDT  
> Inu Yasha was my first real obsession over an anime series. Before InuYasha I just kind of watched anime just because. But I have a pattern of falling for difficult men who give their love in little pieces throughout a series. If they madly love from the very beginning I get a little turned off but when a heroine turns someone from big tough guy to big tough guy who only reveals his softiness (ha made up word!) to her then I get all hot and bothered
>
> ---------------------------------


Ah, I'll make a point of trying to be emotionally distant if I ever meet you. (Ha! Like I've ever been able to do that!)
ThePendragon
post #31  on September 9, 2005 - 12:52 AM PDT  
It's a hard choice just choosing one character! But I'd love to be Ryu from Street Fighter (Street Fighter 2: The Movie, not the pussy Ryu from Street Fighter the TV series). I kind of doubt anyone knows this character or the world he lives. (I judge that on the amount of times Inu Yasha came up.. but in about a year or two Naruto will be the next big craze and everyone will be beating that to death.)

As you can tell, I'm not a big Inu Yasha fan.
Battie
post #32  on September 9, 2005 - 11:46 AM PDT  
> On September 9, 2005 - 12:52 AM PDT ThePendragon wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> It's a hard choice just choosing one character! But I'd love to be Ryu from Street Fighter (Street Fighter 2: The Movie, not the pussy Ryu from Street Fighter the TV series). I kind of doubt anyone knows this character or the world he lives. (I judge that on the amount of times Inu Yasha came up.. but in about a year or two Naruto will be the next big craze and everyone will be beating that to death.)
>
> As you can tell, I'm not a big Inu Yasha fan.
> ---------------------------------

Uhhhhh...too late dude. Seriously. I'm already freaked out by it. It was too close a match to call: were there more people dressed in Naruto stuff, or Inuyasha, at AnimeFest?

Heh, I had to ask shiori what those weird headbands were, lmao.
woozy
post #33  on September 9, 2005 - 3:03 PM PDT  
>
>
> Uhhhhh...too late dude. Seriously. I'm already freaked out by it. It was too close a match to call: were there more people dressed in Naruto stuff, or Inuyasha, at AnimeFest?
>
> Heh, I had to ask shiori what those weird headbands were, lmao.
> ---------------------------------

Did you meet shiori in person there? Is Inu Yasha a big craze?

Tintin's not anime is he? I always wanted to be him...

Battie
post #34  on September 9, 2005 - 4:48 PM PDT  
> On September 9, 2005 - 3:03 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Did you meet shiori in person there? Is Inu Yasha a big craze?
>
> Tintin's not anime is he? I always wanted to be him...
>
>
> ---------------------------------

RinTinTin?

And, yes, I met her in person. >:P A little less crazy than drunkenshiori, but good fun all the same. ^_^

Inuyasha is a huge craze. Do a search on eBay and see how many auctions come up. *snort*
IronS
post #35  on September 9, 2005 - 6:44 PM PDT  
> On September 9, 2005 - 4:48 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On September 9, 2005 - 3:03 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Tintin's not anime is he? I always wanted to be him...
> >
> > ---------------------------------
>
> RinTinTin?
>

No, Tintin and yes, he's not anime since he's not Japanese.
woozy
post #36  on September 9, 2005 - 7:46 PM PDT  

> And, yes, I met her in person. >:P A little less crazy than drunkenshiori, but good fun all the same. ^_^
>
That's so cool! So what's shiori like? Enquiring minds want to know. (I'll tell you how Bowwow likes her belly rubbed if you give me some shiori secrets...)

It's a pity that *none* of us seem to be as crazy in person as we are online.



Why, I even understand one of us actually blushed when talking about ... poking things.
woozy
post #37  on September 9, 2005 - 7:48 PM PDT  
> No, Tintin and yes, he's not anime since he's not Japanese.
> ---------------------------------

Tintin, Asterix. No offense but I haven't found any anime that holds up to them. But of course that's personal taste and them coming into my life at just the right time.

greyotter
post #38  on September 9, 2005 - 8:46 PM PDT  
I would choose Byakko from Yu Yu Hakusho.
OK, so he was a villain type, but he had a
great voice, as it were, and a confidence to
which I can only aspire. But there was more
to the guy than was revealed during the three
episodes he was in: (Spoilers!)

(1) He was surprised to learn that his skills
actually weren't enough even to defeat Kuwabara's
determination and eventual genius. He showed
astonishment and grudging respect to someone
he came to realize was a worthy opponent.

(2) He was difficult to kill through the
usual means. He realized he needed to ask for
help--to ask for help!--from a co-worker, who
became disgusted by his plea and delivered the
coup-de-gras. And boy was he surprised.

(3) He was a great stock anime villain which
would undergo the requisite psychological
struggles. He would have made a great Good
Guy had he had more air time. Considering his
apparent penchant for coming back from the dead,
I expected another appearance from him later in
the series. I would like to think more of us
should be like him.
Battie
post #39  on September 10, 2005 - 1:23 PM PDT  
> On September 9, 2005 - 7:46 PM PDT woozy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> That's so cool! So what's shiori like? Enquiring minds want to know. (I'll tell you how Bowwow likes her belly rubbed if you give me some shiori secrets...)
>
> It's a pity that *none* of us seem to be as crazy in person as we are online.
> ---------------------------------

Tsk. Ask shiori what she's like. ;)
shiori308
post #40  on September 10, 2005 - 1:55 PM PDT  
> On September 9, 2005 - 4:48 PM PDT Battie wrote:
> ---------------------------------

> And, yes, I met her in person. >:P A little less crazy than drunkenshiori, but good fun all the same. ^_^
>

> ---------------------------------

Yes less crazy than "drunken shiori" but that was because I was not drunken. I have been adamant about my non-craziness from the beginning. If I had money to throw around on my trip to Dallas then all hell would break loose... seriously spare cash+shiori= danger zone. We did have a difficult time using our proper names though instead of our screen names.
page  1  2  3  4  5      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.