GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine Movie Talk
In The Theaters
I just saw it and boy does it...
318

Spiderman 2
Topic by: kohnfused1
Posted: June 29, 2004 - 11:35 AM PDT
Last Reply: August 10, 2004 - 11:12 PM PDT

page  1  2  3      prev | next
author topic: Spiderman 2
kohnfused1
post #41  on July 12, 2004 - 3:58 PM PDT  
> On July 12, 2004 - 1:39 PM PDT dh22 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I did enjoy the comedy. It was a very nicely added touch that didn't go overboard.
> ---------------------------------

Ditto.
Cinenaut
post #42  on July 13, 2004 - 2:04 PM PDT  
So, is there going to be a Dr. Strange movie?
sinisterguffaw
post #43  on July 13, 2004 - 3:22 PM PDT  
> On July 1, 2004 - 9:15 AM PDT oldkingcole wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> An outstanding effort from all involved. I hope Raimi isn't burned out on Spider-Man yet, because I want to see him direct a few of these. I liked this one so much it has inspired me to read the original 1962 Stan Lee/Steve Ditko comics.
> ---------------------------------

Diddo, diddo, and diddo.

I'd like to catch up on some of the comics too, but I think I'd like the more modern stuff. And I'd rather get the story in Graphic Novel form instead of having to hunt down various comic books. Do you know of any graphic novels that are available that cover some of the origins of the spider-man villians?
sinisterguffaw
post #44  on July 13, 2004 - 4:23 PM PDT  
Cinenaut wrote:

What other movie did I see recently where somebody did a cameo as a doctor?


Well, I can think of two movies with doctor cameos. Orgazmo has a very brief but fun appearance by the President and Co-Founder of Troma Studios, Lloyd Kaufman, and Jet Li's The One has an equally as brief but still memorable cameo from non other than Mark Borchardt of American Movie fame.
sinisterguffaw
post #45  on July 13, 2004 - 4:31 PM PDT  
Oh, and about the graphic novel question I had...

I just reread shanandjohn's post all about it. Thanks for the precognative recommendations!
Cinenaut
post #46  on July 13, 2004 - 4:50 PM PDT  
It wasn't either of those, since I haven't seen either one. I think it may have been a director (playing a doctor). Maybe it was a TV show?

> On July 13, 2004 - 4:23 PM PDT sinisterguffaw wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Well, I can think of two movies with doctor cameos. Orgazmo has a very brief but fun appearance by the President and Co-Founder of Troma Studios, Lloyd Kaufman, and Jet Li's The One has an equally as brief but still memorable cameo from non other than Mark Borchardt of American Movie fame.
> ---------------------------------

sinisterguffaw
post #47  on July 14, 2004 - 10:07 AM PDT  
maybe Michael J. Fox in Scrubs?
kohnfused1
post #48  on July 14, 2004 - 11:23 AM PDT  
> On July 13, 2004 - 4:23 PM PDT sinisterguffaw wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Cinenaut wrote:
>
> What other movie did I see recently where somebody did a cameo as a doctor?

>
>
How about Robin Williams in "Patch Adams"?
dh22
post #49  on July 14, 2004 - 11:46 AM PDT  
> On July 14, 2004 - 11:23 AM PDT kohnfused1 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 13, 2004 - 4:23 PM PDT sinisterguffaw wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Cinenaut wrote:
> >
> > What other movie did I see recently where somebody did a cameo as a doctor?

> >
> >
> How about Robin Williams in "Patch Adams"?
> ---------------------------------

I don't think that would be considered a cameo.
JBellows
post #50  on July 14, 2004 - 11:47 AM PDT  
Cameo? Unless you are making a criticism of this film. And I had real issues with this movie, too. Williams can be amazingly subtle and he wasn't in this one.

> On July 14, 2004 - 11:23 AM PDT kohnfused1 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 13, 2004 - 4:23 PM PDT sinisterguffaw wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Cinenaut wrote:
> >
> > What other movie did I see recently where somebody did a cameo as a doctor?

> >
> >
> How about Robin Williams in "Patch Adams"?
> ---------------------------------

mjeanes
post #51  on July 14, 2004 - 12:47 PM PDT  
> ---------------------------------
> So, is there going to be a Dr. Strange movie?
> ---------------------------------

That's one of the properties Marvel has 'out there' for a movie license, if I'm not mistaken, but who knows if it will ever see the light of day. It was kind of neat to hear the joke about Dr. Strange in Spider-Man 2 because of all the recent Marvel movies, it's the first indiciation in any of them that Marvel characters beyond those in the current movie exist.

Eddie Brock also got a miniscule cameo on the cover of one of the newspapers in Jameson's office in Spider-Man 2, but I'm not sure they are going to bring him out as Venom in 3. I'd love to see it, but the stage has been set with Green Goblin 2 and if you didn't notice, Harry is wearing a green bowtie at Mary Jane's wedding... a sign of things to come for sure.
mjeanes
post #52  on July 14, 2004 - 12:53 PM PDT  
> ---------------------------------
> So, is there going to be a Dr. Strange movie?
> ---------------------------------

should have looked first... here's a quote from the seattle times interviewing avi arad:

Q: What about "Doctor Strange"  which should premiere in a state where medical marijuana is legal, because it was such a '60s head comic?

A: I know, isn't it? We are nowhere with that. That's a tough one to write, but we are working on it. We are trying to find the real Jerry Garcia of the writing community.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/artsentertainment/2001964388_avi27.html

shanandjohn
post #53  on July 14, 2004 - 3:09 PM PDT  
> On July 14, 2004 - 12:47 PM PDT mjeanes wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > ---------------------------------
> > So, is there going to be a Dr. Strange movie?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> That's one of the properties Marvel has 'out there' for a movie license, if I'm not mistaken, but who knows if it will ever see the light of day. It was kind of neat to hear the joke about Dr. Strange in Spider-Man 2 because of all the recent Marvel movies, it's the first indiciation in any of them that Marvel characters beyond those in the current movie exist.
>
> Eddie Brock also got a miniscule cameo on the cover of one of the newspapers in Jameson's office in Spider-Man 2, but I'm not sure they are going to bring him out as Venom in 3. I'd love to see it, but the stage has been set with Green Goblin 2 and if you didn't notice, Harry is wearing a green bowtie at Mary Jane's wedding... a sign of things to come for sure.
>
> ---------------------------------


Eddie was mentioned in the first spiderman.... I really think it is gonna be a Lizard and Green Goblin combo for the next movie.

SPOILER ALERT scroll down for spoiler!!!!





















Harry found some ot the serum that norman used to turn int o the green goblin. Harry doesnt have the know how to use it... but doctor conners does!!!!! and he will use it to regrow his own are and thus turn into the lizard. the serum can make you go crazy and with harry already pushed to the edge by findiung out about peter will be a SUPER goblin.


In the comics Harry found out Peter was spiderman by going through his clothes... and he was high on a bunch of drugs.




kohnfused1
post #54  on July 14, 2004 - 4:35 PM PDT  
Thanks mjeanes and shanandjohn for bringing us back on track...as for me, I'm trying to recall, but can't seem to remember, which scene was Eddie Brock in? I've only seen the movie once, mind you.
shanandjohn
post #55  on July 14, 2004 - 7:07 PM PDT  
> On July 14, 2004 - 4:35 PM PDT kohnfused1 wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Thanks mjeanes and shanandjohn for bringing us back on track...as for me, I'm trying to recall, but can't seem to remember, which scene was Eddie Brock in? I've only seen the movie once, mind you.
> ---------------------------------

he wasn't just his name. JJJ mentions Eddie just once in the first moie.... he didnt have any screen time.
kohnfused1
post #56  on July 15, 2004 - 11:13 AM PDT  
> On July 14, 2004 - 7:07 PM PDT shanandjohn wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On July 14, 2004 - 4:35 PM PDT kohnfused1 wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > Thanks mjeanes and shanandjohn for bringing us back on track...as for me, I'm trying to recall, but can't seem to remember, which scene was Eddie Brock in? I've only seen the movie once, mind you.
> > ---------------------------------
>
> he wasn't just his name. JJJ mentions Eddie just once in the first moie.... he didnt have any screen time.
> ---------------------------------

Oh good, I thought I missed something (in a way).
shanandjohn
post #57  on July 15, 2004 - 12:10 PM PDT  
I really like the placemnt of Doc Ock's arms in this movie. I like the fact they came out of his back. I thought It looked really cool.
>
> Oh good, I thought I missed something (in a way).
> ---------------------------------

angelina
post #58  on July 15, 2004 - 12:36 PM PDT  
me too. i saw spiderman 1 and 2 for the first time on the same day. i remember thinking through most of #2 how much cooler a villain doctor octopus was than the green goblin. on screen at least.

those freakin arms... waaayyyy awesome.



> On July 15, 2004 - 12:10 PM PDT shanandjohn wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I really like the placemnt of Doc Ock's arms in this movie. I like the fact they came out of his back. I thought It looked really cool.




oldkingcole
post #59  on August 4, 2004 - 6:02 PM PDT  
> On July 13, 2004 - 3:22 PM PDT sinisterguffaw wrote:
> I'd like to catch up on some of the comics too, but I think I'd like the more modern stuff. And I'd rather get the story in Graphic Novel form instead of having to hunt down various comic books. Do you know of any graphic novels that are available that cover some of the origins of the spider-man villians?
> ---------------------------------

Sinister,

I haven't checked this thread in a while -- hope you get to see this.

Anyway, I'm not reading the Lee/Ditko Spider-Man stories by tracking down the original 1960's comics. It would be extremely difficult to obtain a complete run, not to mention obscenely expensive (>$100 per issue in many cases).

No, instead, I'm reading the stories as collected in the Marvel Masterworks series of books. These reprint cleaned-up, "remastered" copies of every Spider-Man story appearing in the original Amazing Spider-Man comic (plus each year's Spider-Man Annual), in order. The first volume also include's Spidey's first appearance from Amazing Fantasy No. 15.

The Masterworks volumes come in two flavors. The standard version, available at most comic shops (but not, as it turns out, at regular bookstores or online shops like Amazon), is a deluxe, $50 hardcover. Each volume collects 10 - 12 stories (1 year's worth, generally speaking) and runs about 260+ pages.

The other flavor is exclusive to Barnes and Noble. They have the license to print trade paperback versions of the Masterworks volumes. These are a great deal: they're only $12.95 each, and contain the exact same remastered stories as the $50 hardcovers. If you're interested in reading the original, first appearances of the Spider-Man pantheon, these get my vote for the best way to do so at reasonable cost.



oldkingcole
post #60  on August 10, 2004 - 11:12 PM PDT  
This has been out for a while, but I didn't see a post about it anywhere. Anyway, for anyone who's interested, here's a very nicely done Lego version of Spider-Man 2: http://www.spiteyourface.com/spidey.html

The original score for this little film is another great effort by Jason Graves. When's Mr. Graves going to graduate to the big-time of real Hollywood movie scoring? I think he has the chops. Somebody, get that man an orchestra!

Hmm... Actually, I just checked http://www.jasongraves.com/ and see that he evidently has written some film music, though his site is coy about which films. Looks like he's mostly been writing music for commercials.

Anyway, it's nice to see talent in unusual places, and they don't come much more unusual than Lego versions of Spider-Man!
page  1  2  3      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.