GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Feedback
Have suggestions, criticism or praise for the GreenCine community? Post them here. Please maintain a sense of decorum here.
1063

Getting Delayed Service?
Topic by: dvdemon
Posted: July 17, 2005 - 1:42 AM PDT
Last Reply: March 6, 2006 - 4:31 AM PST

page  1  2  3  4  5      prev | next
author topic: Getting Delayed Service?
artifex
post #21  on August 13, 2005 - 2:50 PM PDT  
Twice in the last two or 3 weeks I've had to report overdue returns, and now it looks like I'm about to have to report one that's overdue getting out to me.

I don't really have a practical option -- as was suggested by the person at GC last time I reported this -- of changing where I mail back from; I mail back from my closest post office. I could mail back from my house, but it would be slower, as my postal carrier goes back to the same office. My exchanges with NF have remained unaffected during this period, also, so I am starting to question the problem really being on my local office's side yet again.

I wonder if GC's looked into sending some mail out of a different office, on a trial basis? Also, what about that envelope size question?
artifex
post #22  on August 15, 2005 - 11:07 AM PDT  
> On August 13, 2005 - 2:50 PM PDT artifex wrote:
> Twice in the last two or 3 weeks I've had to report overdue returns, and now it looks like I'm about to have to report one that's overdue getting out to me.

Luckily, the disc sent on the 8th arrived today, along with the discs sent on the 11th. And I'm watching them and sending them all back today before the end of the day, too, so I'll see how long they take getting back this time.

Still wonder about the envelope size question...
DHofmann
post #23  on August 15, 2005 - 9:54 PM PDT  
> On August 15, 2005 - 11:07 AM PDT artifex wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Still wonder about the envelope size question...
> ---------------------------------

I tried an experiment. Last week Monday, I mailed back 2 DVDs. One was in the regular GC envelope, the other was in a 6x9 photo mailer (with extra postage). Both arrived at GCHQ on Friday. (I live in the Phoenix, AZ area.)

It's still possible that the GC envelope will be delayed in some cases or on some routes if there is a problem with the mail handling machines. I would be interested to hear if anyone gets a result different from mine.
kenegda
post #24  on August 25, 2005 - 1:42 PM PDT  
By and large I've always had good service. I've had a couple discs delayed but they've always shown up eventually. However, just in the last month (or so) I've started having problems. I've been getting discs fine but they haven't been returning very well. I had to report a dvd a couple weeks ago (I don't know if that one ever got there) and now I have two that are at five days already. Unfortunately, we have only one post office in town so there's nowhere else for me to mail them from. Just when I'm increasing my plan too :(.
rarcher
post #25  on August 30, 2005 - 9:52 AM PDT  
the past month or 2 have gotten pretty bad around here
3 dvds in 1 month that just didn't show up
i blame the mail
i suspect they put it in the wrong box and someone just pockets it
sissastern
post #26  on September 20, 2005 - 3:05 PM PDT  
When Netflix first came out, I subscribed to that, and I'll tell you, the turnaround was FAST. Seriously. I would put something in the mail in the morning, and that evening I'd have an email that they received it. WTF?

Anyway, the one complaint I have about GC is that it seems to go really slow... and they're using the same postal service. Maybe Netflix is giving the USPS some, ahem, incentive to slow up GC's deliveries? ;-)
kohnfused1
post #27  on September 20, 2005 - 3:22 PM PDT  
Yep, got a disk that was mailed Monday (12th), but didn't get to me until today (20th). Last week I had one that was a couple of days delayed, seems to be getting worse.

:-{

And it's not even the holidays!


* _ *

---
underdog
post #28  on September 20, 2005 - 3:52 PM PDT  
Our customer service dept. does try to track and pin down where USPS slow downs occur, so if you drop them a note even if just to inform them and not to ask for help, they'll add your region to the "USPS slow down" map. That helps when dealing with the postal service, knowing specifically which of their offices may be to blame.

I sent two packages to LA over the past couple of weeks via USPS - one of them never arrived and the second just got there today after a few days delay. Normally SF to LA should take 3 days max.

So let us know where you are to see if we can track these things down... hopefully whatever's causing it will be cleared up soon! Thanks.
artifex
post #29  on September 26, 2005 - 12:36 PM PDT  
> On September 20, 2005 - 3:52 PM PDT underdog wrote:

> I sent two packages to LA over the past couple of weeks via USPS - one of them never arrived and the second just got there today after a few days delay. Normally SF to LA should take 3 days max.

I hope your other package finally arrived! I know from having worked for a major brokerage firm, that sent out thousands of checks and other items daily, that sometimes it can take mail a week to get across town, and sometimes just 2 or 3 days to get across the country. I also know what it's like to have people on the other side of the country complain when their checks, sent first class mail, didn't arrive two days after they asked for them in the evening. (after that day's last mail, in other words :) )

I've decided to try something a little different this month; I've upped my subscription to 10-out. Hopefully this will keep me from being so anxious at having nothing to watch when the mail is slow! I must say, seeing the extras ship out today for the first time has put a smile on my face :)

JHeneghan
post #30  on October 3, 2005 - 5:27 PM PDT  
I just received the DVDs that were shipped last Thursday and Friday, pretty fast delivery time.

But, I still haven't got the DVDs that were shipped last Tuesday and Wednesday. Very strange. I wonder if the Mail carrier is putting them into someone else's mailbox?
underdog
post #31  on October 4, 2005 - 11:37 AM PDT  
> On October 3, 2005 - 5:27 PM PDT JHeneghan wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I just received the DVDs that were shipped last Thursday and Friday, pretty fast delivery time.
>
> But, I still haven't got the DVDs that were shipped last Tuesday and Wednesday. Very strange. I wonder if the Mail carrier is putting them into someone else's mailbox?
> ---------------------------------

Or watching them at home. :-( If they don't arrive by tomorrow's mail, please let support@greencine.com know.

C
Eoliano
post #32  on October 12, 2005 - 1:09 PM PDT  
Just curious if anyone else in Southern California experiencing delays to and from San Francisco because (for me at least) the past two weeks or so have horrendous.
JHeneghan
post #33  on October 13, 2005 - 2:38 PM PDT  
> On October 4, 2005 - 11:37 AM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On October 3, 2005 - 5:27 PM PDT JHeneghan wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > I just received the DVDs that were shipped last Thursday and Friday, pretty fast delivery time.
> >
> > But, I still haven't got the DVDs that were shipped last Tuesday and Wednesday. Very strange. I wonder if the Mail carrier is putting them into someone else's mailbox?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Or watching them at home. :-( If they don't arrive by tomorrow's mail, please let support@greencine.com know.
>
> C
>
> ---------------------------------
They did show up, just before I was going to send a note to CS.

But, I do occasionally have neighbors knocking on my door to deliver mail that ended up in their box. (and once, one was from Greencine!)
NarcTed
post #34  on October 14, 2005 - 11:22 PM PDT  
> On October 12, 2005 - 1:09 PM PDT Eoliano wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Just curious if anyone else in Southern California experiencing delays to and from San Francisco because (for me at least) the past two weeks or so have horrendous.
> ---------------------------------

No delays. I'm starting to see the opposite. Starting last week, I'm starting to see Greencine is getting them the next day after I put it in the mailbox! Used to be one transit day between LA and San Francisco. The disc still takes 2 days to get to me though.
artifex
post #35  on October 17, 2005 - 5:58 PM PDT  
I'd like some clarification as to how long to wait before reporting a DVD that has not arrived. The FAQ says wait a week, and usually support will clear the title if I've waited 7 days. But sometimes they want me to wait 10 days. It's not very consistent.
kolohe61
post #36  on October 18, 2005 - 12:57 AM PDT  
Could it be that slow-mail season is starting already? I'm seein delays from GC and Netflix. Seems a bit early for the holiday mail slowdown, though.
artifex
post #37  on October 24, 2005 - 3:25 AM PDT  
> On October 17, 2005 - 5:58 PM PDT artifex wrote:
> I'd like some clarification as to how long to wait before reporting a DVD that has not arrived.

Also, how long to wait for answers in the forum. :)
underdog
post #38  on October 24, 2005 - 1:16 PM PDT  
> On October 24, 2005 - 3:25 AM PDT artifex wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On October 17, 2005 - 5:58 PM PDT artifex wrote:
> > I'd like some clarification as to how long to wait before reporting a DVD that has not arrived.
>
> Also, how long to wait for answers in the forum. :)
> ---------------------------------


Whoops, sorry Artifex, missed this first time around! Yeah we try to tell people wait til after 7 days have passed. If they've said 10 at some point, it may be because we knew specifically of a delay on USPS' end.

Answers on the forum should come even faster! ;-)

samntina
post #39  on October 26, 2005 - 8:21 AM PDT  
We are experiencing some slowdown here in St. Louis, MO, dropped them at the PO on thursday (20th) and GC still has not received them today.. and the last time around was similar... about a week to get to GC... used to be about 3-4 days... I'll post back here when I get them...
thx, Sam
samntina
post #40  on October 27, 2005 - 8:22 AM PDT  
> On October 26, 2005 - 8:21 AM PDT samntina wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> We are experiencing some slowdown here in St. Louis, MO, dropped them at the PO on thursday (20th) and GC still has not received them today.. and the last time around was similar... about a week to get to GC... used to be about 3-4 days... I'll post back here when I get them...
> thx, Sam
> ---------------------------------

Ok... the first one has shipped... on the 26... and the 2nd... still not received by GC!!!
page  1  2  3  4  5      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.