GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Feedback
Have suggestions, criticism or praise for the GreenCine community? Post them here. Please maintain a sense of decorum here.
1063

Hey GC, do you read your email??!!
  Topic by: kraftorama
Posted: October 2, 2007 - 2:52 PM PDT
Last Reply: November 12, 2007 - 2:04 PM PST

page  1  2      prev | next
author topic: Hey GC, do you read your email??!!
weezy
post #21  on October 17, 2007 - 10:36 AM PDT  
Thanks for raising these concerns and bringing up a suggestion for our next set of envelopes! It is strange to us too that DVDs mailed back on the same day would arrive at different times. We've brought it up in our conversations with our post office representatives before, but it's clear that the issue needs to be raised again. I will be getting in touch with our reps this week to see if I can get any more feedback on this issue. In the meantime, we're still plugging away towards realizing ways to further reduce shipping times, particularly on the return side.

For those still waiting for an email reply from customer service, you'll receive one today or tomorrow. Thanks always for your patience as we all make our way make back to the offices (hopefully) germ-and-fancy-free.
Darkness999
post #22  on October 17, 2007 - 12:11 PM PDT  
Thanks.

> On October 17, 2007 - 10:36 AM PDT weezy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> Thanks for raising these concerns and bringing up a suggestion for our next set of envelopes! It is strange to us too that DVDs mailed back on the same day would arrive at different times. We've brought it up in our conversations with our post office representatives before, but it's clear that the issue needs to be raised again. I will be getting in touch with our reps this week to see if I can get any more feedback on this issue. In the meantime, we're still plugging away towards realizing ways to further reduce shipping times, particularly on the return side.
>
> For those still waiting for an email reply from customer service, you'll receive one today or tomorrow. Thanks always for your patience as we all make our way make back to the offices (hopefully) germ-and-fancy-free.
> ---------------------------------

shiftless
post #23  on October 23, 2007 - 10:17 AM PDT  
So this is frustrating. The movie I've been waiting to see as "received" has now been taken off the "currently out" section at the top of my queue, but no movie has been sent in it's place. I'm on a 2-out plans and there's only one movie listed, the one I just put in the mail this morning.

Worse, I haven't gotten any word from support about this. So some kind of action was taken on my account yesterday, but no one has told me what's going on via email. There must be a problem but no one is telling me what it is.... grrrrr....
underdog
post #24  on October 23, 2007 - 11:54 AM PDT  
Shiftless, someone assisted you yesterday, an email was sent out which it sounds like you never got (check your spam filter to make sure), and another disc is being shipped to you as we speak, literally 20 minutes after you posted. So, hope this helps. Thanks.
shiftless
post #25  on October 24, 2007 - 12:20 PM PDT  
All is well in movie rental land. Quick return!
underdog
post #26  on October 25, 2007 - 2:39 PM PDT  
> On October 24, 2007 - 7:39 PM PDT dirtylittlewhore wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> what is happening with my beloved greencine? no response to my emails and looooong delays in "receiving" my dvds....am i going to have to break up with you guys?
> ---------------------------------

Looks like you've been helped and responded to, but let us know if you're still having issues! We can work this out! Don't see other people just yet.
dirtylittlewhore
post #27  on October 25, 2007 - 5:52 PM PDT  
> On October 25, 2007 - 2:39 PM PDT underdog wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On October 24, 2007 - 7:39 PM PDT dirtylittlewhore wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > what is happening with my beloved greencine? no response to my emails and looooong delays in "receiving" my dvds....am i going to have to break up with you guys?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> Looks like you've been helped and responded to, but let us know if you're still having issues! We can work this out! Don't see other people just yet.
> ---------------------------------


I'm gonna check out this new fangled option, thanks for that! I don't want to move on...I mean we've been going steady for quite some time now and break ups are hard. Glad to hear you are willing to "talk it out"! I heart you.
Belgand
post #28  on October 26, 2007 - 3:59 PM PDT  
It... it just isn't working out. I think we need to spend some time apart. See other people. Just, y'know, put things on hold for a while and maybe in a few months we'll be able to get serious again, but... right now I just can't handle this anymore.

How would I go about getting my queue put on hold at the end of the month?
weezy
post #29  on October 30, 2007 - 9:50 PM PDT  
> On October 26, 2007 - 3:59 PM PDT Belgand wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> It... it just isn't working out. I think we need to spend some time apart. See other people. Just, y'know, put things on hold for a while and maybe in a few months we'll be able to get serious again, but... right now I just can't handle this anymore.
>
> How would I go about getting my queue put on hold at the end of the month?
> ---------------------------------

You can put your account on hold by emailing support@greencine.com. Out lovely CSR's will be happy to help.

And about some of these posts that got deleted - we don't like to make individual customer issues the focus of our boards. When a service issue has been resolved, we'd like to keep them clean from the boards and leave room for other discussions, especially since some of these issues are regarding billing, specific titles in a customer queue, queue settings, etc - each case requires its own attention. If there's a service issue or suggestion you'd like to bring up here or via email, we'd love to hear and help you out. We're doing our best to keep the discussion boards focused on new topics and issues relevant to all of our members. Thanks for your understanding.
JKlugman
post #30  on October 31, 2007 - 8:07 AM PDT  
Hi, I don't have any personal issues with GC yet. I am satisfied with the turnaround times for the last batch of DVDs. However, I am a little worried about all of the people I saw on these boards saying that when they did have an issue, they got no response from GC. I know there were issues with e-mail servers and the flu, but it seems like these problems with customer service persist. I took some comfort from the fact the GC representatives quickly replied to such posts on the board, letting me know that they did care about customer service.

While deleting such posts ensures that visitors do not see the embarrassing number of customers who fall through the cracks, it also makes me wonder: presumably I am going to eventually have a customer service issue--even if GC is running flawlessly (a big if), the USPS is probably going to lose DVDs down the line and I will have to contact GC. Will my issue be neglected? If I post my issue to the board, will it be immediately deleted, and GC customer service will feel no compunction to address it in a timely matter?

I think the best solution is to keep those posts up, so we customers can keep GC accountable. Saying "just trust us" is not going to work.


> On October 30, 2007 - 9:50 PM PDT weezy wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On October 26, 2007 - 3:59 PM PDT Belgand wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > It... it just isn't working out. I think we need to spend some time apart. See other people. Just, y'know, put things on hold for a while and maybe in a few months we'll be able to get serious again, but... right now I just can't handle this anymore.
> >
> > How would I go about getting my queue put on hold at the end of the month?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> You can put your account on hold by emailing support@greencine.com. Out lovely CSR's will be happy to help.
>
> And about some of these posts that got deleted - we don't like to make individual customer issues the focus of our boards. When a service issue has been resolved, we'd like to keep them clean from the boards and leave room for other discussions, especially since some of these issues are regarding billing, specific titles in a customer queue, queue settings, etc - each case requires its own attention. If there's a service issue or suggestion you'd like to bring up here or via email, we'd love to hear and help you out. We're doing our best to keep the discussion boards focused on new topics and issues relevant to all of our members. Thanks for your understanding.
> ---------------------------------

JKlugman
post #31  on October 31, 2007 - 8:11 AM PDT  
Please disregard my last post. I thought there was some mass culling of posts regarding customer service issues, but it appears that deletions were much more limited than I originally thought.
tammyleeg
post #32  on November 1, 2007 - 2:33 PM PDT  
> On October 17, 2007 - 9:40 AM PDT NLee wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On October 17, 2007 - 5:46 AM PDT mrfuzion wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> I mailed back "Wind Chill" on the same day as "An Inconvenient Truth" and it's still not posted to my account. "Truth" was checked in on 10/10. Why would it take an extra week for "Wind Chill" to be checked in, when they were mailed on the same day from the same mail drop?
> > ---------------------------------
>
> The answer is obvious: the mail handlers in your local post office don't care for crappy political documentary.
>
> I have similar experiences from time to time. For example, last Wednesday I mailed back two discs from the same mail drop. One of them ("Ah! My Goddess vol.6") made it back to GC on Saturday. The other one ("Double Parked #3" - blame hornywife for her recommendation) is still not received after one week. So I guess I can tell what my mail handler likes to watch.
>
> I heard from a friend (who subscribes to NF) that Disney title are the most likely to be lost in the mail. I bet there is a machine in every post office that can see through DVD mailing envelops. Probably that's not difficult to do if you have a strong enough light source.
>
> ---------------------------------

tammyleeg
post #33  on November 1, 2007 - 2:49 PM PDT  
> On November 1, 2007 - 2:33 PM PDT tammyleeg wrote: i doubt the post office has any agenda.my boyfriends a mailman and hes says thats nonsense. they send them back slow on purpose to stretch it out and make us continue to rent from them longer.i thought there would be a diff from my netf... but,i think it doesnt matter. where are the movies they said we couldnt find elsewhere?what movies? and why is there no longer a reccomendation option for members?i'd like to find a real hardcore shock site out there to rent from.still shopping around.also-i dont think inconveinent truth is political,asside from what goverment could do to prevent global warming.we the people are also responsible to keep this planet going.we are not saints.we want what we want.oh well.life s.... then you die.
> ---------------------------------
> > On October 17, 2007 - 9:40 AM PDT NLee wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > > On October 17, 2007 - 5:46 AM PDT mrfuzion wrote:
> > > ---------------------------------
> > I mailed back "Wind Chill" on the same day as "An Inconvenient Truth" and it's still not posted to my account. "Truth" was checked in on 10/10. Why would it take an extra week for "Wind Chill" to be checked in, when they were mailed on the same day from the same mail drop?
> > > ---------------------------------
> >
> > The answer is obvious: the mail handlers in your local post office don't care for crappy political documentary.
> >
> > I have similar experiences from time to time. For example, last Wednesday I mailed back two discs from the same mail drop. One of them ("Ah! My Goddess vol.6") made it back to GC on Saturday. The other one ("Double Parked #3" - blame hornywife for her recommendation) is still not received after one week. So I guess I can tell what my mail handler likes to watch.
> >
> > I heard from a friend (who subscribes to NF) that Disney title are the most likely to be lost in the mail. I bet there is a machine in every post office that can see through DVD mailing envelops. Probably that's not difficult to do if you have a strong enough light source.
> >
> > ---------------------------------
>
>
> ---------------------------------

weezy
post #34  on November 2, 2007 - 8:39 PM PDT  
> On November 1, 2007 - 2:49 PM PDT tammyleeg wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> > On November 1, 2007 - 2:33 PM PDT tammyleeg wrote: i doubt the post office has any agenda.my boyfriends a mailman and hes says thats nonsense. they send them back slow on purpose to stretch it out and make us continue to rent from them longer.i thought there would be a diff from my netf... but,i think it doesnt matter.

Hey tammyleg, sorry if you felt that we were accusing the post office of having an agenda. We've actually been working with the post office to try and get a better turnaround for our customers. We've mentioned this before on other threads, that a small company like GreenCine does not stand to benefit from delaying the sending of your discs to you. We have and never will throttle!

> where are the movies they said we couldnt find elsewhere?what movies?

Good question, and although we haven't gone through and done a detailed comparison, there are a few things here worth mentioning -

We try our best to carry the best and most recent edition of DVDs, which means we carry a very extensive selection of Criterion edition DVDs. They're more expensive to buy, but it's worth it for the value it adds to the movie watching experience.

Short film compilitions and experimental/art films released by boutique distributors like Microcinema.

A huge selection of anime and hentai titles (we know we need to play a little catch up here, but we're getting there, with the help of our lovely members!). And other adult titles as well.

Eclectic, controversial, racy and cult films that often times we go straight to the filmmaker to pick up for our site, like Flew and the Doorway titles.

>and why is there no longer a reccomendation option for members?

After some issues with the last rec engine, we're now shopping around for a new and better one for GreenCine! If any of you have ones that you used outside of GreenCine, let us know at suggestions@greencine.com what engine you like and why you like it. For older members, we've saved all your old ratings to bring back when we get a new engine.

> oh well.life s.... then you die.
Unless you take on GreenCine's motto, "better living through cinema" ;)
Belgand
post #35  on November 7, 2007 - 12:22 PM PST  
Interesting that other people have been having issues with it since I posted on the boards about wanting to put my account on hold. I had some films out at the end of the month and assumed that I wouldn't be able to get it held until next month.

When I went to my queue on Monday though I found that my account had already been put on hold, but nobody had actually told me about it. I mean, ok, I wanted to do it anyway, but I never received any indication that it was going to happen.

Now I'm off for my two week trial at Netflix and be back with a report on how the two services stack up. So far I haven't really had any problems finding my entire list over there (they didn't have Shaolin Master Killer or Armitage III, but that was it), but I have found that at least ten discs or so (many parts of a series and many of those anime) aren't currently available for one reason or another. Yes, GC has this problem too, but it looks like Netflix has a large number of anime where they're missing a few discs from the set and don't seem to be working too hard on getting them replaced.
weezy
post #36  on November 12, 2007 - 2:04 PM PST  
> On November 7, 2007 - 12:22 PM PST Belgand wrote:
> ---------------------------------

> When I went to my queue on Monday though I found that my account had already been put on hold, but nobody had actually told me about it. I mean, ok, I wanted to do it anyway, but I never received any indication that it was going to happen.

Sorry you haven't been receiving our emails, we've tried you multiple times at multiple greencine accounts. We do not take actions on or change a user's account without letting them know.

Also, for some of those Anime titles we're trying to catch up on, sometimes it takes a longer time to get an earlier Volume of an Anime than a more recent one - we're doing our best but always let us know when what we're missing by emailing catalog@greencine.com
page  1  2      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.