GREEN CINE Already a member? login
 Your cart
Help
Advanced Search
- Genres
+ Action
+ Adult
+ Adventure
+ Animation
+ Anime
+ Classics
+ Comedies
+ Comic Books
+ Crime
  Criterion Collection
+ Cult
+ Documentary
+ Drama
+ Erotica
+ Espionage
  Experimental/Avant-Garde
+ Fantasy
+ Film Noir
+ Foreign
+ Gay & Lesbian
  HD (High Def)
+ Horror
+ Independent
+ Kids
+ Martial Arts
+ Music
+ Musicals
  Pre-Code
+ Quest
+ Science Fiction
  Serials
+ Silent
+ Sports
+ Suspense/Thriller
  Sword & Sandal
+ Television
+ War
+ Westerns


Public Discussions

topics
GreenCine General
Feedback
Have suggestions, criticism or praise for the GreenCine community? Post them here. Please maintain a sense of decorum here.
1063

("New") Returning customer. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!!!!!
Topic by: OBruce
Posted: January 9, 2013 - 5:46 PM PST
Last Reply: January 19, 2013 - 12:23 PM PST

page  1  2      prev | next
author topic: ("New") Returning customer. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!!!!!
OBruce
post #1  on January 9, 2013 - 5:46 PM PST  
Okay, so I used to be a GC customer about 8yrs ago. Loved it. No issues, ever! Due to a lot of personal problems/changes I cancelled my service. Once I was ready to begin a DVD-by mail sub again I went ahead w/ Netflix (mainly because of their streaming service). No problems at all with Netlfix. Good customer service, but with their (somewhat) recent changes, splitting up their DVD & streaming service, I decided to come back to GC for DVDs.

Okay, I re-joined on 12/26/12. Long story short, after multiple emails my first disc FINALLY comes up as "shipped" in my queue on 1/3/13....yes, 1/3/13 after joining (and most importantly paying..) on 12/26/12!

As of this writing it's 1/9/13. Still NO disc.

What's happened to this company & site??? Is it under new ownership? I've never seen a service go so downhill. I used to get my DVDs in 2-3 days. No issues, otherwise I wouldn't have returned. Sure, GC refunded me $3.00 for the delay, which I appreciated. But it's not going to be worth keeping this service if it's going to take this long to receive discs. I'll be canceling my service and just adding DVD service to my Netflix account.

Rant over.
BluffingJ
post #2  on January 9, 2013 - 6:34 PM PST  
All the other recent posts are about this exact issue.Even cancelling my account isn't problem free.
shiftless
post #3  on January 9, 2013 - 8:05 PM PST  
@OBruce - Your timing was just really bad. There was some kind of shipping interruption starting the day you joined, and I've received word from customer service that it appears that the 1/3 shipment had an unspecified problem, possibly damaged en route, as some DVDs were returned to GC without being sent to customers.

Greencine has responded satisfactorily (to me) by removing all 3 DVDs from my out queue (like you also sent 1/3) and putting them back in my queue with priority, and promising a refund for the half of a billing period where my service was interrupted. I would politely inquire at support@greencine.com, worked for me.
BluffingJ
post #4  on January 9, 2013 - 8:38 PM PST  
I didn't even get that.I got a refund before the 1/3 made their way back without reaching me.All they are telling me is keep waiting on the 1/3 movies (day 7 tomorrow).
OBruce
post #5  on January 9, 2013 - 8:54 PM PST  
> On January 9, 2013 - 8:05 PM PST shiftless wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> @OBruce - Your timing was just really bad. There was some kind of shipping interruption starting the day you joined, and I've received word from customer service that it appears that the 1/3 shipment had an unspecified problem, possibly damaged en route, as some DVDs were returned to GC without being sent to customers.
>
> Greencine has responded satisfactorily (to me) by removing all 3 DVDs from my out queue (like you also sent 1/3) and putting them back in my queue with priority, and promising a refund for the half of a billing period where my service was interrupted. I would politely inquire at support@greencine.com, worked for me.
> ---------------------------------

All I know is that all I've seen/read/received are excuses. Yeah, shit happens, but at least send out a mass email to paying customers and let 'em know there may be an issue with service (and why) for a time being. But silence just makes things worse, in my honest opinion.
BluffingJ
post #6  on January 9, 2013 - 9:01 PM PST  
I'm not even getting the same info as other customers and it is an issue affecting me(the 1/3 movies getting returned)
Blumphf
post #7  on January 10, 2013 - 8:23 AM PST  
>
> All I know is that all I've seen/read/received are excuses. Yeah, shit happens, but at least send out a mass email to paying customers and let 'em know there may be an issue with service (and why) for a time being. But silence just makes things worse, in my honest opinion.
>
> --------------------------------

Since just before Christmas, the service here at GC has been horrible. There's been countless shipping problems and lack of communication from GC. They've told us things would be back to normal after the 1st of the year, and obviously there are still problems.

Also Bruce...I don't know how this business was run 8 years ago the last time you were a member, but here's a heads-up to you about an ongoing gripe from many members here now: If you add any titles to your queue that show availabilty as any other color besides Green, just be aware there's a 98% certainty you will never have them shipped to you.

Greencine's new slogan should be changed to: "If the color ain't Green...it won't be seen!"


Cinenaut
post #8  on January 10, 2013 - 8:51 AM PST  
Yes, make sure you've got green bar movies in your queue, and as a returning customer you probably know you should queue up at least 50 or more movies.

If you have more than 100 in your queue, make sure that you've got multiple green movies in the first 100 slots.

What I do is queue up a bunch of non-green movies at the top of my queue, with the green movies in the 90s. Doing it that way, every once in a while I get a non-green movie.
shiftless
post #9  on January 10, 2013 - 11:26 AM PST  
Until this recent debacle, I would get non-green DVDs on a regular basis doing exactly as Cinenaut says, 10-12 greens in slots 88-100 with all the other colors above that. As things get sent out and new titles make it to the top 100, I position any non-green above the green titles.

BluffingJ
post #10  on January 10, 2013 - 2:59 PM PST  
Mind you some of us have had nothing but problems since said debacle.i'm at 1 movie in last 16 days myself.
OBruce
post #11  on January 10, 2013 - 3:15 PM PST  
This is really pathetic. Checked mail today...still no DVD! I can understand I I was on the East Coast, but I'm in Vegas. Shouldn't take more than three days..tops!
OBruce
post #12  on January 10, 2013 - 3:16 PM PST  
> On January 10, 2013 - 3:15 PM PST OBruce wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> This is really pathetic. Checked mail today...still no DVD! I can understand I I was on the East Coast, but I'm in Vegas. Shouldn't take more than three days..tops!
> ---------------------------------

*if
Cinenaut
post #13  on January 10, 2013 - 3:24 PM PST  
> On January 10, 2013 - 3:15 PM PST OBruce wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> This is really pathetic. Checked mail today...still no DVD! I can understand I I was on the East Coast, but I'm in Vegas. Shouldn't take more than three days..tops!
> ---------------------------------

It sounds like Greencine had some kind of shipping problem on 1/3/13. The movies on that date might have bad labels or something. Anyway, write support@greencine.com and tell them that you never got those DVDs.

I've gotten movies that were shipped on 1/4 and 1/5, but I never got the 1/3 disc.

BluffingJ
post #14  on January 10, 2013 - 5:05 PM PST  
I'm on the east coast, and greencine isn't even responding to my request to clear the movies from 1/3 from at home since it's been over a week.
salyavin
post #15  on January 10, 2013 - 6:56 PM PST  
I never got my 1/3 disc either, I did a quick return to try to get something. I'll write them later. I appreciate you guys mentioning the shipping problem on 1/3.
salyavin
post #16  on January 10, 2013 - 7:02 PM PST  
The first post asked if Greencine changed ownership. Greencine was sold in 2007 to Wantedlist
http://cinematech.blogspot.com/2007/09/didja-know-greencine-sold-to-wantedlist.html


I also took a look at my que just now and noticed the one I quick returned was actually removed so I take it the DVD was returned to Greencine due to the shipping problem mentioned by others.
BluffingJ
post #17  on January 10, 2013 - 7:23 PM PST  
Who has under a 20% success rate from getting any response let alone a helpful response from support?This guy.
OBruce
post #18  on January 11, 2013 - 10:11 AM PST  
I sent a message to support yesterday. Received a reply and they've opened up a slot for another disc to be mailed out. Let's see how long it takes for this one to arrive (the disc sent on 1/3 has yet to arrive).
Cinenaut
post #19  on January 11, 2013 - 10:19 AM PST  
> On January 11, 2013 - 10:11 AM PST OBruce wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I sent a message to support yesterday. Received a reply and they've opened up a slot for another disc to be mailed out. Let's see how long it takes for this one to arrive (the disc sent on 1/3 has yet to arrive).
> ---------------------------------

I've gotten discs that were shipped 1/4, 1/5 and 1/8, but I never got the 1/3 discs. I emailed them last night, but haven't heard back on that one.

Luckily, I only had one slot taken up by a 1/3 movie.

BluffingJ
post #20  on January 11, 2013 - 10:24 AM PST  
So am I the only one who gets forwarded to the no guarantee to respond CSR?
page  1  2      prev | next

about greencine · donations · refer a friend · support · help · genres
contact us · press room · privacy policy · terms · sitemap · affiliates · advertise

Copyright © 2005 GreenCine LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2006 All Media Guide, LLC. Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC.